Oats egg porridge – How to make creamy oatmeal with eggs. This was one of the recipes that was requested by many readers especially for babies and kids. This recipe was shared by another reader who makes it regularly for her breakfast.
I usually make this vegetable oats porridge & this breakfast oatmeal with dried fruits. Stirring in an egg to a oatmeal porridge seemed to be very unusual. But this recipe has been liked by many since it is healthy.
The nutrition levels in this egg oats is quite high and is very healthy due to the addition of egg. If made right, the egg doesn’t smell in this dish and turns out to be creamy all without the addition of milk or cream.
This can be had for breakfast or a light dinner. It is best served immediately after cooking or at least while it is warm. I have used little carrot which can be skipped if you do not prefer.
Oats egg porridge is great for those who are on the lookout for ideas to include more protein to your oatmeal.
I have kept it plain here for this post. But in the recent times I have made it with pav bhaji masala and felt the spice powder really elevates the flavor of this egg oats porridge.
Making oats egg porridge
1. Add oats, carrots and water to a pot or pan. Begin to cook.
2. Stir and cook until the oats are done to your liking.
3. When the oats thickens then add salt and give a quick stir. Then add an egg.
4. Stir the egg to incorporate it well into the oats. Add pav bhaji masal and pepper powder.
5. Stir and cook covered until the egg is fully done.
Oats egg porridge is best served hot or warm
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- ½ cup oats (quick cook oats)
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt as needed
- 1 egg ( can use 2)
- Veggies as needed
- Red chili flakes as needed (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon pav bhaji masala
- Add oats and carrot to a pot of water and cook until the water is almost evaporated.
- Lower the flame completely and pour the eggs.
- Do not disturb for a while and allow to cook for 2 mins by covering. Make sure oats don’t get burned.
- Stir gently until the egg is combined well. Do not whisk it vigorously and keep the flame to the lowest.
- Cover and cook until the eggs are completely done.
- Add pepper and salt. Sprinkle some olive oil. Allow this to rest for sometime.
- Serve creamy oats egg porridge hot or warm.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
© Swasthi’s Recipes