Masala pav recipe with video – Masala pav is one of the well known and widely eaten delicious street foods of India. Onion tomato masala is stuffed & topped over butter toasted pav, an Indian bun usually made of white flour. For hygiene reasons, I prefer to prepare these at home as my kids keep asking me for them. Making masala pav at home is one of the easiest tasks as there is not much of preparation or cooking involved.
These are good to enjoy as a evening snack or brunch with some side dishes. I made these masala pav sometime ago on a weekend for our brunch along with dahi vada and Sev puri.
Easy masala pav recipe
Masala pav recipe | How to make street style masala pav
Spicy masala pav is an indian street food often eaten for snack or meal.
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 2 tbsps butter
- 4 pavs (buns)
- ¾ cup onions finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- ¼ to ½ cup capsicum finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ to ¾ tsp red chili powder (adjust to suit your spice levels)
- ½ to 1 tsp pav bhaji masala powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 lemon medium
- 1 Handful coriander leaves chopped finely
How to make the recipe
- Heat a tawa or a griddle with 1 tbsp butter on a high flame.
- Saute onions & green chilli in the butter until lightly golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute tiill the raw smell goes away.
- Add tomatoes and sprinkle salt.
- Cook until they turn soft.
- Add capsium, chili powder and pav bhaji masala.
- Saute very well for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add very little water and allow to cook the masala until soft.
- Mash up very well with the spatula.
- When the masala begins to smell good, add some coriander leaves and mix.
- Move all the masala to one side of the tawa.
- Add little butter and slit the pan and toast them on both the sides.
- Transfer the masala over the pav, squeeze in some lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Smear some masala on the top as well.
- Add some onions and coriander leaves on top.
- Serve masala pav immediately.