Oats dry fruits ladoo recipe
One can understand my love for easy ladoo recipes here,though not all are low fat Indian sweet recipes. I keep experimenting often since they are the easiest to make and can never fail. Any kind of ladoos I make don’t even last for a couple of days and I feel happy seeing the jars empty.
It was a few months ago my kids ran into unknown severe allergies and were sick for a very long time, after eating a lot of store bought junk. Since then we kicked out all the junk that we used to buy home. This made me try out more healthy sweets and snacks for kids, which I will be sharing.
The recipe iam sharing today, is free from any added sweeteners, the sweetness comes from the dry fruits and one cannot make out the taste of oats in it. They taste best the next day.
To make oats dry fruits ladoo, I used organic oats and mixed dried fruits and a very small amount of nuts. I have also used cornflakes to give a crunchy touch and a very small quantity of rock sugar since my kids love them. If you are looking for healthy sugar free sweets then you can skip them.
You can very well alter the ingredients and use sesame seeds, peanuts or you can just skip all the dried fruits and just use dates and make oats and dates ladoo.
I used a very small amount of dates and the major portion was from figs. You can use dried fruits in any proportions but the total quantity is suggested to be as mentioned in the recipe for a good binding.
Most dried fruits come with harmful preservatives like sulphur dioxide usually mentioned as E220, and many go unmentioned on the packs. So if possible buy preservative free dried fruits, these are different from organic dried fruits.
check another version of oats laddu with jaggery and coconut which i shared during last diwali.
Pictures on how i made the oats dry fruits ladoo
oats dry fruits ladoo recipe below
Oats dry fruits ladoo recipe
Oats dry fruits ladoo
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 2 cups oats
- ¼ cup cashews nuts (almonds, pistas, cashews, walnuts any)
- 1 ¾ to 2 cups dried fruits mixed , (refer notes)
- ½ cup cornflakes (optional)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 ½ tbsps rock sugar , Tiny pieces (optional)
How to make the recipe
- Dry roast oats for about 5 minutes on a skillet or heavy bottom pan. Keep stirring to prevent burning. But they must turn to light golden to brown in color to get a nice taste and flavour.
- Chop nuts and dry roast.
- Chop dried fruits to small chunks and heat up to increase the shelf life, set aside to cool.
- Powder the oats first and add dried fruits and cinnamon powder to this. Run the blender for few minutes, scraping off the sides of the jar.
- The mix looks like this after blending. To this add crushed cornflakes, rock sugar and nuts.
- Mix everything well and roll to balls. Makes around 22 to 24.Best if served the next day. Refrigerate and use if you live in a humid weather.
For mixed dried fruits, you can use dates, figs, cherries, cranberries, apricots, raisins. Do not skip using dates and figs as they add taste and sweetness to the balls.