Peanut pesto pasta recipe – Quick, healthy and delicious spaghetti recipe with cilantro peanut pesto. This is one of the pasta dishes that will be loved by most kids due to the nutty flavor of peanuts along with the fresh cilantro or coriander leaves.
I prefer to stick on to the taste of Indian food, absolutely hot & spicy. Though I do not like to experiment much with foods, at times I do try out new recipes for my kids and hubby.
Just like the masala pasta, wanted to try a spaghetti recipe which has the kick of an Indian desi food but without the use of much spices. During the lookout, I found Martha Stewart’s pasta with Cilantro-Peanut Pesto recipe and I absolutely fell for it, looking at the simplicity.
I tried out a couple of times, just followed the recipe as it is except adding cumin / jeera to give an Indian touch and excluded soya sauce and lemon zest. It is very simple to prepare and barely takes 30 mins.
Iam sure this Spaghetti Recipe in Indian style will be liked by many of us. It can be accompanied with any clear soups or salads. I prefer the vegetable chicken soup or vegetable barley soup or chickpeas soup along with this spaghetti. If you have little kids to relish this, do reduce the chilies.
The freshness and amount of coriander leaves (cilantro) that you use is very important here. If you do not use enough cilantro, it does not taste good and is not flavourful too. If you feel your spaghetti is less flavorful, grind additional leaves and just stir in the spaghetti.
You can use any kind of pasta for this recipe, though spaghetti is the most common shape and size used for pesto pasta recipes. You may also like this almond mint pesto pasta recipe.
You may like to check these top 10 pasta recipes.
Peanut pesto pasta recipe
Peanut pesto pasta recipe | Spaghetti recipe with cilantro peanut pesto
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 160 to 180 grams spaghetti
- 1 cup coriander leaves , tightly packed fresh / Daniya patta/ cilantro (use more if needed)
- 1 cloves garlic , large or 2 medium
- 2 to 3 green chilies , hot
- ¼ tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice as needed
- 2 tbsps Sesame oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup peanuts (can reduce 1 tbsp.)
How to make the recipe
- Dry roast peanuts till they turn slightly golden. Add the slit garlic and roast lightly. Set aside to cool and remove the skin of the peanuts.
- Cook spaghetti to al dente by following the instructions on the pack. Drain, rinse, drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Meanwhile pulse peanuts coarsely and set aside ¼ of this.
- Add coriander leaves, garlic, cumin, green chilies to the same jar. Pulse till a coarse paste forms. Your pesto is ready.
- In a large bowl, add oil, pesto and lemon juice.
- Add your spaghetti and toss well.
- Garnish with cilantro and peanuts that were set aside.
- Serve peanut pesto pasta with soup or salad or as it is.