Egg pasta recipe – A super quick, healthy and delicious pasta that can be whipped up under 15 minutes. It’s the school holidays time for my boys and the last 3 weeks just passed away relaxing and having fun. So nothing much is making way to the blog. This egg pasta has been their long time favorite and I am sure most kids & grownups will love this.
This is inspired from the vegetarian Spaghetti Aglio Olio which I shared earlier. You can make variations to this by adding some mushrooms, shrimps or even shredded chicken.
This recipe does not need any cheese, butter or sauce. While the pasta cooks, make the garlic chilli oil, scramble the eggs and then toss the boiled pasta. With in minutes, a delicious bowl of spaghetti aglio olio with egg is ready.
Egg pasta recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 200 grams spaghetti (2 servings)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic minced – about 6
- 1 to 1 ½ tbsp red chilli flakes (refer notes)
- salt as needed
- 3 to 4 eggs
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
How to make the recipe
- Bring 10 cups water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add salt and then spaghetti.
- Cook al dente following the timings on the package. Set aside 4 to 5 tbsps of the pasta cooked water.
- Drain the pasta to a colander.
How to make egg pasta
- While the pasta cooks, heat oil in a pan.
- Saute garlic until it begins to shrink and turns aromatic.
- Add the red chilli flakes and saute for 30 to 50 seconds.
- Then pour the reserved water to the pan and add salt.
- Cook until the sauce reduces a bit and thickens.
- Pour the eggs.
- Scramble and cook until the eggs are done completely yet soft.
- Taste the egg and add more salt if needed.
- Transfer the pasta and toss well. Turn off the stove.
- Add chopped parsley.
- Serve egg pasta hot.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
If you are new to cooking, follow my detailed step by step photo instructions for best results.
Cooking pasta to make egg pasta
1. Pour 10 cups of water to a large pot and bring it to a boil.
2. Then add the pasta.
3. Add some salt. Cook until al dente. Check the package for cook time. Set aside 4 to 5 tbsps of pasta cooked water.
4. Drain the cooked pasta to a colander.
Making egg pasta
5. While the pasta cooks, pour oil to a pan and heat up.
6. Add garlic.
7. Saute until the garlic begins to shrink. Do not saute until the garlic browns.
8. When it turns aromatic, add red chili flakes.
9. Saute for about 30 to 50 seconds. Then pour the pasta cooked water that we set aside. Cook until the water evaporates and a slightly thick sauce like mixture is left.
10. Pour the eggs.
11. Scramble them and cook until done. The egg is fully cooked and set, yet soft. Check the taste and add more salt if needed.
12. Add the drained pasta.
13. Toss well with the egg and add parsley.
Serve egg pasta hot.