Sweet corn sundal recipe. This quick to make sweet corn sundal can be served any time to your kids for evening snack, in the lunch box or even for breakfast along with bread or roti. Sometimes I run out of ideas for the kids’ evening snack. Just like most other kids mine too love to eat sweet corn in any form.
Sundals are usually prepared during some festivals, but they can also be had anytime as a snack. You can make this sweet corn sundal using frozen sweet corn or corn on the cob. If using corn on the cob, then you will have to boil them until tender and use here.
To prepare this, you can use fresh grated coconut or frozen coconut. I have pulsed fresh coconut bits and used here as I find it easy that way.
How to make sundal with sweet corn
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard, cumin. When they crackle add dal and fry.
2. Add ginger, curry leaves and red chilies.
3. Fry until the dals until golden. Add hing.
4. Add sweet corn, salt and turmeric. Saute until the moisture evaporates.
5. Add coconut and off the stove. Mix everything well.
Serve sweet corn sundal hot or warm.
Sweet corn sundal recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 tbsp ghee / coconut oil or regular oil
- 1 Pinch hing
- ¼ tsp mustard
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 2 red chilies broken or green chili slit
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 ½ cups sweet corn or 2 corn cobs
- Salt as needed
- 2 to 3 tbsps coconut grated, fresh or frozen
- If using corn on cob, scrape them off the cob using a knife and boil or steam them. You can also boil them first and then scrape. If using frozen corn, just rinse and drain.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan. Crackle mustard and cumin. Add dal.
- Add ginger, curry leaves and green chilies.
- Stir and saute well until the dals turn golden.
- Add hing and sweet corn, salt, turmeric. Mix and saute until the moisture evaporates.
- Add fresh coconut and switch off.
- Mix and transfer sweet corn sundal to a serving bowl.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
© Swasthi’s Recipes