Veg cheese sandwich recipe – Simple and quick vegetable cheese sandwich recipe to make under 15 mins. This recipe doesn’t need cooking, sauteing or blanching veggies and they are used raw. Making it in a sandwich maker simplifies the task if you are making for a large family.
However it can be made on a griddle or tawa. It is best to make these on tawa when you plan to make only 1 to 2 sandwiches otherwise a sandwich maker is a good choice.
These veg cheese sandwiches taste best when eaten warm or hot. You can also make veg cheese sandwich the way I made this veg sandwich recipe just with an addition of cheese.
Veg cheese sandwich recipe
Veg cheese sandwich
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
1 cup chopped mixed veggies
- ¼ cup carrots grated
- ¼ cup bell peppers or capsicum
- ¼ cup sweet corn (frozen or boiled)
- ¼ cup onion
- 1 garlic chopped
- 1 green chili chopped (optional)
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- ½ to ¾ tsp herbs (oregano, parsley)
- handful coriander leaves (or fresh herbs)
- 6 slices bread
- 2 tsps butter
- ¾ to 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated (use to suit your taste)
How to make the recipe
- Butter the bread evenly. Add to a mixing bowl grated carrots, bell peppers, sweet corn & onions. Add herbs, green chilli, garlic, pepper, coriander leaves along with grated cheese. Mix together all of them
- Spread the mixture on the bread slices keeping the buttered side out. Cover with bread slices
- Preheat the sandwich maker and or a toaster. When the toaster is ready pop in these sandwiches.
- You can also make these on a tawa or pan. Grease the tawa with some oil and place the sandwiches. Regulate the flame to low. Press down the sandwich lightly with a spatula until the cheese melts. Hold it well and flip gently. Toast on the other side as well.
- Halve the veg cheese sandwich and serve hot or warm.
How to make veg cheese sandwich recipe
1. Since we do not cook the veggies in this recipe it is good to choose those which can be eaten raw like carrots, onions, capsicum, tender sweet corn, spring onions and cabbage. I have used grated carrots, chopped onions, frozen sweet corn and capsicum along with 2 green chilies and coriander leaves.
2. Add the chopped veggies to a bowl and sprinkle some herbs if you have otherwise just crushed pepper & red chilli flakes is fine. I added only a generous pinch of salt, since cheese is already salted.
3. Next add cheese.
4. Mix everything well.
5. Smear butter over one side of the bread. Spread the veggies with cheese on the other side. Cover with another slice.
6. Pop them in a preheated sandwich maker. If you want to make it on a tawa, heat the pan. Place the sandwiches and press down gently. Toast until golden.
7. When they turn golden, the sandwiches are done and the cheese melts by then.
Cool veg cheese sandwiches slightly and halve them.