Cheese sandwich recipe – Simple & quick grilled cheese sandwich made on tawa or pan. However these can also be made in a toaster, griller or oven. To make cheese sandwich one or more kinds of cheese can be used with optional ingredients like vegetables, cooked meat, fried eggs, scrambled eggs and even mayonnaise.
Fresh or dried herbs, & ground pepper, red chili flakes or any sauce can also be used for flavoring. I am sharing a simple plain cheese sandwich recipe made with oregano, red chili flakes and pepper.
For more cheese sandwich recipes, you can check
Veg cheese sandwich
Grilled cheese omelet sandwich
Cheese corn sandwich
Grilled cheese tomato sandwich
Capsicum cheese toast sandwich
Cheese chocolate sandwich
Cream cheese corn sandwich
Cheese mushroom sandwich
Grilled cheese sandwich recipe
Cheese sandwich recipe | How to make grilled cheese sandwich recipe
Cheese sandwich - simple grilled cheese sandwiches on tawa or pan. These are good to enjoy for breakfast or a snack.
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
Ingredients for cheese sandwich
- 4 slices bread (prefer whole grain)
- 2 to 4 slices mozzarella cheese (or ½ cup grated cheese as needed)
- Butter as needed
- oregano (Fresh or dried herbs , basil or rosemary or coriander leaves as needed)
- ½ to 1 tsp chili flakes (Red or green chilies (skip for kids))
- ½ to 1 tsp pepper crushed
How to make the recipe
Making cheese sandwich on tawa / griddle
- Heat a pan and place 2 buttered bread slices on it.
Grill until golden. Flip the slice and place the cheese on the hot bread. Sprinkle chilies & herbs.
- Cover the bread with another slice with the hotter side over the cheese.
- On a low to medium heat , grill it until golden and the cheese begin to melt.
- Halve the sandwiches and serve.
Making grilled cheese sandwich on a toaster, griller or oven.
- Smear softened butter over the bread slices and place the cheese.
- Add other ingredients. Cover and toast in a sandwich toaster or oven. If using a oven, grill them in a preheated oven at 220 to 230 C on a wired rack for best results. It takes about 6 to 7 minutes.
Serve cheese sandwich hot or warm.
For variations you can also mix in 1/3 cup of mixed veggies with 1/2 cup of cheese. Peas, grated carrot, tomatoes and corn go well.
How to make grilled cheese sandwich recipe
1. Add butter to a hot pan and place the bread slices. You can also smear the softened butter over the slices. If your butter isn’t soft, then you can also add it to the hot pan.
2. Toast until golden on one side of both the slices.
3. Flip one of them and place a cheese slice or grated cheese. Sprinkle the flavorings you desire like pepper, red chili flakes and oregano. Place the golden side over the cheese.
4. Flip and toast on both the sides on a medium heat until the cheese melts off.
5. Take care not to burn. Halve the grilled cheese sandwich and serve hot or warm.
Cheese sandwich is ready to enjoy.