Mango milkshake recipe. A quick and filling milkshake one can make during the mangoe season. I do not favor cow’s milk or any other dairy milk for our fruit milkshakes since milk is not compatible with most fruits.
Mango and milk, orange and milk or apple and milk or grapes and milk are few combinations that are incompatible and can lead to a tummy ache after consuming. Ayurveda says incompatible combinations lead to accumulation of toxins in the body.
Though I believe the concept of incompatible combinations, it is not always possible to refrain from consuming such foods. But I try my best to keep away or at least try to minimize consuming such incompatible combinations.
Have you ever tried making mango milkshake using soya milk? If not, do certainly try it, mangoes and soya milk are one of the best combinations that i have ever tried.
I prefer to make my mango milkshake using soya milk or coconut milk. My personal opinion is to favor non-gmo soya milk for milkshakes, since it is hard to include that in our diet.
Many don’t like the taste of soya milk, this mango milk shake is a wonderful way of consuming soya milk. We barely get the taste of soya milk in this milkshake since the taste and flavor of mango dominates.
Fully ripe mangoes yield the best taste to the mango milkshake. To keep it simple and healthy, I do not include any sugar,ice cream or dry fruits or nuts. For the kids, i just add a tsp of manuka honey on top so that it looks interesting.
During the summers, mangoes are in abundance and a chilled mango milkshake will cool the body and keep us full.
find mango milkshake recipe below
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- ¾ cup mango ,cubed pieces
- 4 strands Saffron , if u like to have a nice color
- 1.5 cups soya milk or almond milk or oat milk or coconut milk
- Sweetner as needed, sugar, coconut sugar or jaggery or honey
- Wash mangoes under running water
- Peel the mango and chop to cubes.
- Blend all the ingredients together. Adjust the quantity of milk to get the desired consistency.
- Chill it for about 30 to 45 minutes and serve
- You can top the milkshake with nuts, dry fruits, melted chocolate or chocolate sauce, whatever you prefer
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes