Bread pizza recipe – A quick Snack recipe made with whole grain bread, tomato pizza sauce, cheese and veggies. This makes a great snack for kids’ parties and most of them will love this. To make it taste very close to the regular real pizza, use a good pizza sauce and choose the toppings that are generally used to make a pizza.
However nothing can replace the taste of a yeast dough pizza base, but this may be a simple alternate when one craves for something like a pizza.
Bread pizza can be made in a oven or on stove top. There is not much difference between the 2 methods. Mozzarella cheese, four cheese, cheddar cheese, feta cheese or pizza cheese can be used for the topping. This time I have used mozzarella and feta cheese.
I have also used sliced olives, if you do not have it just skip. In this post I have used homemade pizza sauce (link in recipe card), If you do not have it then you may replace with any tomato sauce.
You can also make a bread pizza sandwich with the same recipe. Just skip toasting the bread, smear the pizza sauce and then top with your favorite ingredients and put in a sandwich maker.
Here are some variations I make to these bread pizza
- You can also make a spinach bread pizza. On a medium high flame saute some fine chopped spinach in 1 tsp oil until it wilts. Spread the pizza sauce over the bread and then layer the spinach, followed by cheese.
- You can also make a egg bread pizza. Just stir in an egg with grated cheese and spread it over the bread.
- Grill or fry some chicken until cooked through and place them over the bread.
- Instead of pizza sauce you can also spread pesto.
Bread pizza recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 4 slices bread
- 1 teaspoon oil for greasing the pan
- 2 tablespoon pizza sauce or tomato sauce as needed
- ½ to ¾ cup cheese grated (mozzarella or pizza cheese)
- ½ teaspoon Italian herbs or oregano
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 onion medium, cubed and layers separated
- ½ cup capsicum cubed
- 1 small tomato Firm , deseeded and cubed (optional)
- 10 Olives as desired (optional)
How to make the recipe
Preparation for bread pizza
- Cube the onions and separate the layers. Deseed the tomatoes and capsicum. Cube them as well. Grate the cheese and keep it ready.
- Grease the pan with 1 tsp oil. Toast the bread lightly on one side. Switch off the heat. Flip them. This step is optional but helps to keep the bread firm.
- Remove the bread to a board or tray. Smear pizza sauce thinly as desired. Layer onions, capsicum and tomatoes. Next grate and layer cheese and then the herbs and chili flakes.
Make bread pizza on stove top
- Place the bread on the tawa. Begin to toast on a low to medium heat. Cover the pan if making on stove. Toast until the cheese melts.
Make bread pizza in oven
- After topping the bread put the pan in preheated oven and bake for just 5 to 8 mins at 220 C or until the veggies get grilled partially and the cheese melts and turns golden. Serve bread pizza hot as a snack or breakfast.
Video of bread pizza recipe
How to make bread pizza on tawa
1. Grease a pan lightly if making on stove. If making in oven then keep the tray ready and preheat the oven to 220 C for 15 mins.
2. Toast the bread on one side. This is optional but prevents the bread from turning soggy.
3. Flip them to the other side. Turn off the stove and remove them to a tray or board.
4. Smear pizza sauce as desired.
5. Layer onions, bell peppers, tomatoes and olives.
6. Next spread cheese.
7. Sprinkle herbs and red chili flakes if desired.
8. Cover the pan and cook on a low heat until the cheese melts.
9. Make sure you don’t burn the bottom. Remove it when the cheese melts.
Serve bread pizza hot as a snack. Any soup or pasta also goes well, if serving this for a meal.