Sweet corn soup recipe – a comforting, healthy and delicious mixed vegetable sweet corn soup. This can be had anytime of the day – for Breakfast, as a part of the meal, starter or for evening Snack. There are a few ways of making corn soup, sharing a simple one. An addition of little corn starch to this recipe, yields a sweet corn soup that almost tastes like the one we get in any Indo chinese restaurants.
I have been consistently sharing baby toddler recipes for the past 3 months and hopefully will continue to share more.
This sweet corn soup is suitable to all including babies and toddlers. You will have to just blend the cooled soup in a blender. I have not used corn starch or corn flour to this and hence is a healthy one.
I have added a small potato to thicken the soup. I make this sometimes for the kids to have after school, i even add cooked pasta to this and they like it that way. They even love to have this for breakfast.
Easy sweet corn soup recipe
Sweet corn soup recipe | How to make sweet corn soup recipe
Sweet corn soup recipe - mixed veggies and sweet corn in a simple home style soup. Serve with noodles, pasta or toasted break for a complete meal.
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1 ½ cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen any)
- ½ to 1 medium potato finely chopped (or 1 tsp corn starch)
- ¼ cup green peas
- ¼ cup carrots finely chopped
- 4 to 6 beans finely chopped
- 2 to 3 sprigs spring onions chopped
- 2 ½ to 3 cups water
- 1 tsp butter
- ¼ to ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp pepper powder or as needed
- ¼ tsp garlic minced - optional
How to make the recipe
Preparation for sweet corn soup
Wash all veggies under running water. Chop all the veggies finely.
If using garlic mince and set aside.
Making sweet corn soup
Heat butter in a pot, If using garlic saute it well until aromatic.
Next add veggies except spring onions. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add water and boil till all the veggies get cooked. Cooking on a low flame makes the soup taste better.
Optinal for restaurant style - While the soup boils, mix ¾ corn starch in half cup water. When the veggies are soft cooked, pour this slowly to the pot and stir till it thickens.
- Add salt and sugar as well.
- Serve sweet corn soup warm with pepper.
How to make sweet corn soup recipe
1. These are the veggies i used. Wash and chop finely.
2. Heat butter. This step is optional but adds a good flavor to the soup.
3. Add veggies except spring onions. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Pour water. Boil on a low flame.
5. When the veggies are cooked well, add spring onions and salt. If you wish to use corn starch, mix ¾ tsp with half cup of water. And add slowly to the soup. Cook until the soup thickens slightly
Add salt as needed and sprinkle pepper powder. Serve sweet corn soup warm.