Chocolate sandwich can be a quick breakfast or snack if you have the bread in hand. I make chocolate sandwich in different ways, the easiest one is to use chocolate chips or any chocolate with few chopped nuts and a dash of cinnamon powder.
Sometimes the health nut in me drives to make the chocolate syrup using cocoa and cane sugar, just like I made the chocolate syrup for the poke cake, and then add a bit of almond meal to thicken the syrup.
Chocolate sandwich is going to win your heart, if you are a chocolate lover. You can use any nuts (raw or roasted) of your choice almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, cashews or even roasted peanuts. A variation to this chocolate sandwich is the cheese chocolate sandwich which I have shared before.
These can be made on a pan / tawa if you don’t have a sandwich toaster.
Learn how to make chocolate sandwich below
Chocolate sandwich recipe | How to make chocolate sandwich
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 8 slices bread
- 2 tbsp Butter or ghee as needed
- 1 Pinch cinnamon for each sandwich (optional)
chocolate (one of the following)
- Chocolate chips / chocolate and chopped nuts as needed
- 2 tbsp Chocolate syrup and almond meal as needed to thicken the chocolate syrup
- Trim the edges of the bread.
- Butter them on one side, outer side.
- Butter the slices on the outer sides. On the inner side of a slice, spread chocolate, nuts , cinnamon or chocolate syrup mixed with nut meal. Place another slice with the buttered side on top. Toast it in a toaster following the manufacturers instructions.
- Heat the bread on a pan on the inner side first, when they are hot enough, flip them to the buttered side and lower the flame, sprinkle chocolate chips, pinch of cinnamon powder and then the nuts, cover it with the other slice with the buttered side on top.
- Toast on both the sides, till crusty and golden.Press the sandwich of top with a wooden spoon.