Egg bhurji sandwich recipe – learn how to make egg bhurji sandwich recipe with step by step photos. This scrambled egg sandwich is ridiculously easy to make, and just under 10 minutes. One of the best ideas for a quick weekday breakfast, evening snack or a dinner. It can be made to a 2 layer sandwich for dinner.
The boiled egg sandwich recipe and the chutney egg sandwich which i shared earlier is slightly on the heavier side and also takes some time to boil the eggs and then make the sandwich. So sharing this easy recipe.
To add more nutrition and give an extra filling to the sandwich, i use grated carrots, onions and coriander leaves. You can use any of your favorite veggies or leafy greens like lettuce, grated beets, cabbage, mint or celery.
To make egg bhurji sandwich for toddlers and kids, exclude the chilies, onions and chilli powder. Serve it right away. Cooked eggs should be consumed right away for health benefits and taste. They should not be consumed after 2 hours of preparing unless refrigerated. For more details here is a good read on eggs.
How to make egg bhurji sandwich recipe
1. Heat a tawa and place the bread slices and toast them on a low heat till they turn crusty. While the bread gets done, grate the ginger and other veggies.Break the eggs to a bowl.
2. Set aside the bread and add oil to the tawa. Add cumin, when they splutter, add grated ginger and chopped green chilies.
3. When you smell the ginger good, pour the eggs.
4. Gently scramble them and cook on a medium heat. Scrambling vigorously will make the egg bhurji hard.
5. Add chilli powder, turmeric, salt and pepper powder or garam masala powder.
6. Mix everything well.
7. When the eggs are soft cooked, transfer the eggs to the bread. Place the onions if using.
8. Layer the veggies and leafy greens whatever you choose.
9. Cover the filling with another slice of bread. Gently press down with the wooden spoon.
Serve right away after you make, else the juice from veggies will make the bread soggy.
Egg bhurji sandwich recipe or scrambled egg sandwich below
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 2 to 3 eggs
- 4 slices bread (edges trimmed)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/8 tsp red chilli powder (or as needed)
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 pinch garam masala or pepper powder
- 1 pinch turmeric
- salt as needed
- lemon juice if desired (optional)
- onion , Few slices
- carrots , grated or beets (as needed)
- cabbage or lettuce (as needed)
- coriander or mint leaves (few)
- Trim the edges of bread if desired. Break the eggs to a bowl and check for shells.
- Heat a tawa and toast the bread. Set them aside when crusty.
- Add oil to the same tawa, add cumin, when they splutter, add grated ginger and green chilies. Fry till the ginger smells good.
- Pour the eggs to the tawa and scramble gently. Allow the eggs to cook on a medium flame to keep them soft.
- When done, add salt, chili powder, garam masala or pepper powder. Mix well.
- Transfer the egg bhurji to the bread and place the onions or whatever veggies you prefer.
- Place another slice of bread on top to cover the filling. Press down the bread with the wooden spoon.
- Serve hot.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes