Banana oat muffins recipe – These healthy banana Oat muffins are one of the best and healthiest I have ever tried so far. They are so delicious and moist with a hint of cinnamon. They make a healthy breakfast with a cup of milk. These freeze well and can be a good stand by when you run out of time to prepare breakfast.
Banana oat muffins turn out great, slightly chewy and not very dense. I have used choco chips. You can replace them with chopped chocolate, raisins or walnuts.
Healthy banana oat muffins
Banana oat muffins
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
Ingredients for banana oat muffins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup wheat flour
- ¾ cup unbleached all purpose flour maida or plain flour
- ½ cup sugar or brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tsps Baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 Pinch salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar (or use ¾ buttermilk)
- 1 egg
- 60 ml coconut oil or vegetable oil (4 tbsp or ¼ cup)
- 1 cup banana , mashed (I used 2 tbsps. more)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder (do not miss this)
- 1 ½ to 2 tbsps Choco chips or nuts or raisins(optional)
How to make the recipe
Preparation for banana oat muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line the muffin cups in a tin.
- Whisk together oats, flour, salt, baking powder,cinnamon, soda and sugar in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk mashed banana, buttermilk, egg, oil and vanilla
Making healthy banana oat muffins
- Next mix the dry and wet ingredients gently along with choco chips. Do not over do, it makes the muffins tough.
- Fill the muffin cups till ¾ and bake for 18 to 20 mins. Skewer inserted in the center should come out clean. Check after 15 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack and cool.
- Serve banana oat muffins hot or warm.
Preparation for healthy banana oat muffins recipe – Step by step
1. In a bowl whisk together oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar.
2. Next in another large bowl, mash the banana. Then add egg, oil, milk, vinegar and vanilla.
3. Whisk together all of them until well blended.
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients gently along with choco chips. Do not over mix, it makes the muffins harder.
5. Fill the muffin cups till ¾ and bake them for 18 to 20 mins.
6. A skewer inserted in the center must come out clean. Keep an eye on these after 15 minutes. After 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack.
You can refrigerate and use within 4 to 5 days.