Banana oat muffins recipe – These banana Oat muffins are one of the best I have ever tried so far. They are so delicious and moist with a hint of cinnamon. They make a good filling breakfast with a cup of milk. These freeze well and can be a good stand by when you run out of time to prepare breakfast.
Banana oat muffins turn out great, slightly chewy and not very dense. I have used choco chips. You can replace them with chopped chocolate, raisins or walnuts.
I have used choco chips but you can also add the same amount of chopped nuts and raisins.
1. In a bowl whisk together oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar.
2. Next in another large bowl, mash the banana. Then add egg, oil, milk, vinegar and vanilla.
3. Whisk together all of them until well blended.
How to make banana oat muffins
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients gently along with choco chips. Do not over mix, it makes the muffins harder.
5. Fill the muffin cups till ¾ and bake them for 18 to 20 mins.
6. A skewer inserted in the center must come out clean. Keep an eye on these after 15 minutes. After 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack.
You can refrigerate and use within 4 to 5 days.
Oats: You can use rolled oats or quick cook oats in the recipe.
Sweetener: I have used grated palm jaggery here. You can use regular sugar, jaggery or brown sugar.
Bananas: Please use ripe bananas. The more ripe the better the flavor.
Spice powder: We love the cinnamon flavor so I have the same. You can also skip it or use a mix of nutmeg & cinnamon.
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup wheat flour
- ¾ cup unbleached all purpose flour maida or plain flour
- ½ cup sugar or brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tsps Baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 Pinch salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar (or use ¾ buttermilk)
- 1 egg
- 60 ml coconut oil or vegetable oil (4 tbsp or ¼ cup)
- 1 cup banana , mashed (I used 2 tbsps. more)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder (do not miss this)
- 1 ½ to 2 tbsps Choco chips or nuts or raisins(optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line the muffin cups in a tin.
- Whisk together oats, flour, salt, baking powder,cinnamon, soda and sugar in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk mashed banana, buttermilk, egg, oil and vanilla
Making banana oat muffins
- Next mix the dry and wet ingredients gently along with choco chips. Do not over do, it makes the muffins tough.
- Fill the muffin cups till ¾ and bake for 18 to 20 mins. Skewer inserted in the center should come out clean. Check after 15 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack and cool.
- Serve banana oat muffins hot or warm.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes