Mango juice recipe – Making mango juice at home is no rocket science. Yet I thought of making this post just to share my tips. For years I had made this juice in a blender by adding the chopped mangoes, chilled water and sugar. 4 years ago when we started juicing vegetable and fruits regularly at home then I began to experiment a lot even with mangoes.
Finally found that they can be great for cleansing the body. I felt regular consumption of mango juice can do wonders to your body especially for the digestion.
This recipe is kids & toddlers’ friendly just avoid the optional ingredients mentioned in the recipe card. Also do not add any sugar to the drink.
Mint, ginger, coconut water and lemon juice are the ingredients that you can try with. Mint and ginger add flavor but use them only if you like them.
Coconut water and lemon juice will add more nutrition to your drink and will neutralize the heating properties of the mangoes.
Mango is a pulpy fruit which requires more liquids when blended to juice. Plain water adds no nutrition or flavor to the juice. So I use oranges or tender coconut water which enhances the nutrition & taste as well.
Tender coconut water is nature’s best thirst quenching and rehydrating drink available to us. My mom would always add some tender coconut water to the blender while making juicing mangoes
Sometimes I also use oranges. Both these fruits go well together and kids will love this combo a lot.
If you are making the juice in a blender, then peel the oranges and halve them. Remove the seeds and blend them. Strain this and extract the juice. Pour back to the jar. Then add chopped mangoes and blend.
Mango juice recipe | How to make mango juice
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 large mango ripe & sweet chilled (or frozen or canned pulp)
- 2 cups water or coconut water from tender or young coconuts or orange juice
- 5 to 6 mint leaves or pudina for flavor
- 1 cup water (chilled) (optional to adjust the consistency)
- 1 inch ginger (fresh root)
- 1 lemon or lime (skip if using oranges)
- 2 tbsps chia seeds or sabja seeds
How to make the recipe
- Wash mango thoroughly and chill. Peel the skin.
- If using organic mangoes, then you can use up the skin for added fiber.
- Cut the mango to cubes and add them to a blender. If using a slow juicer, add it to the chute.
- Pour the coconut water or orange juice & water.
- Put in the other ingredients if using like ginger and mint.
- Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- If using chia seeds or sabja seeds, then wash them thoroughly and drain to a strainer.
- Soak in 1 cup water and set aside for at least 2 hours.
- Stir them in the juice just before serving.
- Serve mango juice immediately.
The nutrition values have been calculated excluding the optional ingredients.