Kudumulu also called as Undrallu is a traditional dish that is prepared in Andhra Pradesh during Vinayaka Chavithi . Each family has their own set of naivedhyam dishes to offer to Lord Ganesha during the chavithi pooja. Kudumulu are the most common ones that are prepared in most families. Today iam going to share a savory version of kobbari kudumulu recipe using rice rava and coconut.You can add few tbsps. Of soaked channa dal too for these Kudumulu. I have posted Bellam Kudumulu (theepi kudumulu) and Paala Payasam in pressure cooker earlier, these can also be offered to Lord Ganesha during the pooja.
Makes approximately 21 (depends on the size)
1 cups of aged rice (how to make rice rava mentioned in the Method)
2 cups water (if you are not using aged rice, reduce half a cup of water)
2 tbsps channa dal (optional) (soaked for 30 to 60 mins)
Salt as needed
¼ cup of grated coconut
¼ to ½ tsp. cumin / Jeera
½ to 1 tsp. oil (for an enhanced flavor can use coconut oil)
1. Wash 2 cups of rice, drain and spread it on a cloth to dry till the rice dries
2. Pulse this rice in a mixer to make rava. Sieve and remove the flour.(we don’t need flour for this recipe)
3. Bring water to a boil, add salt, cumin and oil
6. Let it cook till all the water is evaporated. Off the heat,keep it covered for at least 5 to10 mins, add coconut. Mix well. cover for another 5 mins
7. Transfer this to a wide utensil and allow to cool.
8. When you can handle them, make balls and steam in an idli cooker or a pressure cooker for exactly 7 mins on a high flame. Off the heat
9. Open the cooker only after 7 to 10 mins.