Oatmeal pancake recipe – fluffy gluten free pancake recipe made with 100% oat flour. These oat pancakes are not only quick and easy to make but also taste delicious & are healthy. These make an amazing breakfast for the entire family. They can also be served as a finger food to toddlers. Serve them with your favorite topping!
These oatmeal pancakes come out fluffy with a non-sticky texture inside. So it is hard for anyone to know these have been made with oats. I don’t make pancakes often but whenever I do I make these as they are healthier.
For the topping you can use maple syrup, honey, chocolate syrup or fruit syrup. We usually go with the chocolate sauce as I always stock the homemade one. I have also shared the recipe of the chocolate syrup at the end of this post.
To make the oat flour, just process or blend rolled oats or instant oats until you get a fine powder.
For variations, you can also swap in some cocoa for oat flour. You can also add some chocolate chips to make choco chip pancakes.
These are best served hot, straight from the pan.
1. Add little over 1 ½ cup oats to a blender. You can use any kind of oats. I used organic instant oats.
2. Powder them as finely as possible.
3. Measure 1 ½ cups oats flour, cinnamon (optional),baking powder and salt.
4. Mix everything well.
5. Add eggs, melted butter, milk and sugar to a bowl. Any milk can be used. I accidentally added soft butter here. But please note that for better texture, butter has to be melted and then added. Also do not use cold milk. Butter will clump up together when added to cold milk.
6. Whisk everything well.
7. Add the flour to this.
8. Mix just until well combined. The batter is of a thick pouring consistency.
How to make oat pancakes
9. Grease a pan and heat it. Pour a ladle full of batter. Do not spread it much.
10. Drizzle little oil or butter. Allow to cook on a medium heat until the base is firm and done.
11. Flip it and cook on the other side.
Serve with chocolate syrup or maple syrup.
homemade chocolate syrup recipe
¾ cup palm sugar or palm jaggery or dark jaggery
¼ cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup water
Mix all the ingredients. If using jaggery, you may need to filter it. Boil for 8 to 9 minutes or until it thickens.
Cool and store it in a glass bottle. Use it as a topping on pancakes, poke cakes, ice creams or to make chocolate milk.
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
Ingredients for oat pancakes
- 1½ cups oats flour (rolled or instant oats)
- ¼ tsp salt or as needed
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon (ceylon cinnamon) (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (any milk at room temperature)
- 1½ tbsp melted butter or oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup Chocolate syrup or maple syrup or honey
- Powder or process 1½ cups rolled or instant oats to a fine flour.
- Measure 1½ cups of this to a mixing bowl. (Use up the excess in your porridge.)
- Add baking powder, salt, and cinnamon as well. Mix together.
- In another bowl whisk together, eggs, milk, melted butter, vanilla and sugar until well mixed.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture and combine until mixed. Do not over do.
- Set this aside for 8 to 10 minutes.
How to make oat pancakes
- Grease a pan and heat it.
- When it hot enough pour ¼ cup of this batter and gently spread it a bit only.
- Cook until it is done, Flip and cook on the other side as well until done.
- Serve hot with chocolate syrup or maple syrup.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes
I’m Swasthi Shreekanth, the recipe developer, food photographer & food writer behind Swasthi’s Recipes. My aim is to help you cook great Indian food with my time-tested recipes. After 2 decades of experience in practical Indian cooking I started this blog to help people cook better & more often at home. Whether you are a novice or an experienced cook I am sure Swasthi’s Recipes will assist you to enhance your cooking skills.
Follow Swasthi’s Recipes