Egg pulao recipe – An easy south Indian style egg pulao recipe with step by step photos. You can make this egg pulav even without a pressure cooker. Sharing one of the easiest and quickest one pot meals that can be prepared by working women and bachelors even on a working day. It is almost same as the simple flavorful veg pulao i make plus an addition of boiled egg.
If you do not have time to make a wholesome meal on a busy day, you can resort to this quick egg pulao. This recipe doesn’t need any garam masala powder or yogurt or tomatoes. It can be prepared with or without any vegetables.
To make egg pulao, I have used vegetables like carrot, peas and potatoes. You can use frozen veggies too. If you do not have time to boil the eggs, they can be boiled in advance (a day before) and refrigerate them for later use.
Well, one might wonder what makes this pulao tasty and flavorful without any garam masala. To make it flavorful, all that is needed is a green chili, handful of mint and coriander leaves finely minced or coarsely ground.
Preparation for egg pulao in Pressure Cooker
1. Boil eggs. Remove the shell and pierce with fork randomly. Set these aside.
2. Soak rice for at least 30 mins.
3. Mince together mint, coriander leaves and green chilies. Or you can coarsely blend them without using water.
How to make easy egg pulao in Pressure Cooker
4. Heat a pressure cooker with oil. Add spices and allow them to crackle.
5. Transfer onions and fry till they turn golden. Time to add ginger garlic paste and fry till it becomes fragrant.
6. Add carrots, potatoes and peas. I like to add my peas with rice at step 9 since they are too tender. Fry for 2 mins.
7. Transfer the minced coriander, mint and chili. Fry for 2 mins.
8. Pour water and add salt bring it to a boil. Taste and check the salt. Meanwhile you can saute the eggs in a tsp ghee if you wish or you can skip sauteing too. But that brings out the flavor of eggs.
9. Add rice, eggs and green peas if you did not add at step 6.
10. Put on the lid and turn the flame to medium.Let the cooker whistle once. For me one whistle works fine but that depends on the kind of rice you use. If you are not using basmati rice, then try with 2 whistles.
Serve egg pulao hot with a raita.
Easy egg pulao recipe below
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- 3 to 4 Boiled eggs
- 1 ½ cups rice
- 1 ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 to 2 green chilies
- Handful mint or pudina
- Handful coriander leaves
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup Mixed vegetables (carrots, potatoes & peas)
- 2 to 3 tbsps Oil
- Salt as needed
- 2.5 cups water
Dry spices for seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp jeera or shahi jeera or cumin
- 1 star anise
- 1 small piece of nut meg (jajikaya)
- 6 cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- Generous pinch of stone flower
- 2 strands of mace
- 1 bay leaf
- Remove the shell of the boiled eggs and pierce with fork lightly. Set these aside
- Soak rice for 30 mins. Drain completely.
- Finely mince together mint,coriander leaves and green chilies. Or it can be coarsely blended
How to make egg pulao
- Pour oil to a pressure cooker and heat up. Add spices and let them to splutter.
- Add onions, fry till they turn golden, add ginger garlic paste, fry till it becomes fragrant
- Next time to add carrots, potatoes and peas if using. Fry for 2 mins
- Transfer the minced coriander, mint and chili or the ground paste. Fry for 2 mins
- Pour water and salt bring it to a boil.
- You can saute the eggs in a tsp ghee in a different pan if you wish or you can skip sauteing too. Frying brings out the flavor of eggs. Sprinkle some chilli powder if you desire.
- Add rice, eggs and green peas if you did not add at step 6.
- Cover the cooker with lid, turn the flame to medium. Allow the cooker to whistle once or twice based on your cooker. Serve egg pulao hot or warm.
2.If you do not have these spices, just add some garam masala powder to the oil
3.Qunatity of water mentioned above works well for me, it depends on the rice, so judge the quantity based on your rice
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes