French toast recipe with egg – Delicious and easy egg breakfast recipe made with bread. French toast is a popular classic breakfast that can also be served as a snack. To make a good french toast, the kind of bread used matters the most. Thick bread slices that have less large pores and is at least a day old is best suited to make a french toast. Otherwise the toast turns soggy and egg that enters the pores doesn’t get cooked well.
There are so many ways a french toast can be served. Most common ways are with confectioners sugar, maple syrup, butter or cream.
French toast recipe below
French toast recipe | How to make french toast with egg
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bread thick
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 pinches cinnamon powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- butter as needed
How to make the recipe
- If the bread used is too fresh, toast in on a pan until it firms up a bit.
- Beat together egg, sugar, salt, cinnamon and milk.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture on both the sides and toast in a hot buttered pan.
- When the egg is fully cooked. Move aside to a serving plate. Repeat toasting rest of the slices.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar or maple syrup on the french toast.
How to make french toast with egg – step by step photos
1. This step is optional but i prefer to do it to keep the bread firm before dipping in the egg mixture. Toast them on a low heat on both the sides until they turn firm.
2. Break egg to a bowl and add sugar, salt and milk. I have used oat milk.
3. Beat them together. Add cinnamon powder. You can add it at the previous step too.
4. Beat until frothy.
5. Heat a pan with butter.
6. Transfer the egg mixture to a wide bowl. I used the same bowl since mine was wide enough to dip the bread.
7. Dip the bread in the egg mixture on both the sides.
8. Wipe off the drippings to the bowl. Place it in the hot pan.
9. Toast it on both the sides until golden. If using a large pan, you can toast all the slices at one time.
Sprinkle powdered sugar or serve with maple syrup.