Garlic cheese toast recipe – A quick cheese garlic bread toast under 20 mins. You can make this with any kind of bread you have. I went ahead using a whole meal loaf. This is a very simple garlic bread recipe and you can spice it up with own ideas like using chili flakes, crushed pepper or even with fresh herbs or dried herbs.
This can be made in oven and even on stove top. Sharing both of them here in the same post.
This recipe uses minimum ingredients so I made it the basic and simple way. You can get innovative and use your own ideas like using green chilies for heat, veggies for nutrition etc.
Sometimes I use bell peppers and sometimes only the sweet corn.
1. Add soft butter and chopped garlic to a bowl. If using unsalted butter, you may add a bit, not too much since there is salt in cheese too. Preheat the oven to 190 C. If making on stove top, heat up the pan / tawa on a medium heat.
2. Whisk it up well to make a smooth garlic butter.
3. Smear the butter generously. Press the garlic chunks a bit into the bread to prevent them from falling off. If making on stove top, i suggest buttering both the sides. Put this in the oven and bake for 12 mins. If making on tawa, toast it on one side on a medium high heat.
4. While the bread toasts, grate your cheese. I avoid buying ready grated cheese since most of these have preservatives in E series added to it.
5. The garlic bread is done to golden. Bring the tray out of the oven.
How to make garlic cheese toast
6. Sprinkle cheese generously on the hot bread along with your favorite seasoning like chili flakes, herbs etc. Put back in the oven for 2 to 3 mins or until the cheese melts and begins to turn golden.
Making garlic cheese toast on tawa – Lower the flame completely and keep the pan covered for a while or until the cheese begins to melt. To melt the cheese better you can also microwave for 6o to 90 seconds.
Serve cheese garlic bread hot.
Garlic cheese toast
Garlic cheese toast
For best results follow the step-by-step photos above the recipe card
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- 6 slices bread (any bread)
- 3 tbsps butter softened
- 2 tbsp garlic minced or finely chopped
- ¾ to 1 cup cheese grated or slice (i used mozzarella)
- Salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp parsley or cilantro or coriander leaves
- ¾ tsp oregano (use more as needed)
- 1 tsp red chili flakes or coarse crushed pepper as needed
- Make garlic butter by whisking together butter and minced garlic with a fork.
To make on stovetop
- Heat a pan on stove top.
- Butter the bread slices and toast on one side until crisp.
- Flip the bread (crisp side on top). Then sprinkle the cheese, herbs and chill flakes over the garlic toasted bread.
- Cover with a lid and toast on a lowest flame until the cheese begins to melt off. Keep checking to avoid burning.
How to make garlic cheese toast in oven
- Preheat the oven to 190 C or 370 F.
- Butter the bread on one side. Toast in the oven for 7 to 8 mins or until crisp.
- Then sprinkle the cheese, herbs and chill flakes over the bread.
- Bake it again for 3 mins or until the cheese turns golden & begins to melt.
- Serve garlic cheese toast hot.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes
I’m Swasthi Shreekanth, the recipe developer, food photographer & food writer behind Swasthi’s Recipes. My aim is to help you cook great Indian food with my time-tested recipes. After 2 decades of experience in practical Indian cooking I started this blog to help people cook better & more often at home. Whether you are a novice or an experienced cook I am sure Swasthi’s Recipes will assist you to enhance your cooking skills.
Follow Swasthi’s Recipes