Paneer 65 fry is a starter that we often get to see in Indian restaurants. A variety of 65 dishes like aloo 65, Chicken 65, Mushroom 65 Gobi 65 are available. There are also many variations to the 65 recipes like Andhra or hyderabadi style, Madurai style, restaurant style etc.
There are so many ways a paneer 65 fry is made. 65 recipes are from South Indian Cuisine and the recipe shared here is similar to the one that is served in south Indian restaurants.
Moderately spicy, flavorful and tastes delicious.The inner texture is soft and the outer is crusty, mildly hot and spicy. I have not used any food color or ajinomotto.
Most times when paneer is batter fried, they absorb lot of oil. I just sprinkle flour, so that they don’t soak up much oil and get the right crust. To keep it healthy I have shallow fried the paneer, you can also grill it for a while in the oven and use in the 65 recipe.
To make paneer 65 fry, fried paneer is seasoned and sauted in a moist masala. Paneer gets coated with the masala and gets the taste. To make this moist masala, either one tbsp. yogurt or soya sauce has to be used otherwise paneer 65 will be like pakora.
Recipe of paneer 65 fry
Paneer 65 fry recipe | How to make paneer 65 fry
Crisp fried paneer chunks sauted and seasoned in 65 masala. Paneer 65 fry is a delicious starter from hyderabadi cuisine.
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 large sprig curry leaves
- 1-2 green chili slit
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 medium onion cubed, layers separated
- 1 tbsp. yogurt
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- very little salt
How to make the recipe
- Rinse panir if using frozen. Drain off the water completely.
- Add panir to a bowl. Add ginger garlic paste and salt. Toss well for the ginger garlic to coat well.
- Add flours, red chili powder and garam masala.
- Toss everything well. Sprinkle water as needed and toss. The flour should coat the cubes well evenly. Do not use lot of water. If needed can sprinkle more flour if more water has been added accidentally. Set this aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a tawa and fry till golden.
- Transfer the left over oil to a bowl and retain just one tsp oil in the pan.
- Add garlic and cumin. Allow the cumin to splutter and garlic to fry lightly.
- Add onions, chilies and curry leaves. Fry just for 2 minutes.
- Add yogurt and red chili powder. Stir and fry on a high flame till the yogurt almost dries up. The onions should be moist.
- Add Panir and saute in the masala. Switch off the stove. Serve paneer 65 as a starter.
How to make paneer 65 fry recipe
1. Add paneer to a bowl. Add ginger garlic paste and salt. Toss for a while so that the ginger garlic coats the paneer.
2. Add flours, chili powder and garam masala.
3. Toss for the paneer to get coated with the dry flour. Then sprinkle water little by little as needed to make the moist flour coated well.
4. Heat oil and fry till golden. Drain them on a kitchen tissue.
5. Transfer the left over oil to a bowl and keep a tsp oil in the pan. Add cumin, when it sizzles, add garlic and fry for a while. Add curry leaves, onions and chilies.
6. When the onions are lightly fried, add one tbsp yogurt and chili powder.
7. Mix well and saute till the yogurt dries up but the onions are still moist.
8. Add fried paneer and saute in the pan on a high flame till the masala coats the paneer well. Switch off the stove.
Paneer 65 is ready to serve.