Mayo chicken sandwich recipe – A quick chicken sandwich that can be made under 10 minutes with mixed veggies, spiced chicken chunks and mayo. If you have all the ingredients ready you will take just 10 minutes to saute the chicken and prepare it. The simplest way is to make this on a griddle/ tawa but you can also grill it in a grill pan or a sandwich griller or toaster what ever you have.
If you do not consume raw eggs, then you can use eggless mayonnaise like I have done. There are a few really good organic eggless mayonnaise available, you can even try them.
Most mayo chicken sandwich recipes call for boiled and shredded chicken. You can also use it that way. But We prefer sauteing the chicken first and then spice it up a bit. Then add it to the mayo sauce. It is good to make these when you are left with little chicken after you are done with some other recipe.
Mayo chicken sandwich recipe card
Mayo chicken sandwich recipe | Chicken sandwich with mayonnaise recipe
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 2 to 3 slices bread
- ½ to ¾ cup Chicken shredded or minced
- 1 tsp Butter for toasting bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced or 2 cloves
- 1 pinch Red chilli powder or paprika a generous pinch
- 1 pinch Any spice powder (all spice or garam masala)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/8 to ¼ tsp mustard powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp pepper coarsely crushed
- Salt as needed
- 2 to 4 tbsp onions or cucumber, chopped
- sprigs cilantro or parsley chopped finely, Few
How to make the recipe
- Butter the bread slices and toast them on a griddle until golden. Set these aside.
- You can either boil the chicken or saute in oil to give a grilled like flavor and taste.
- To saute , add some oil on the griddle and saute the garlic until it smells good.
- Saute chicken along with salt until done. Sprinkle the spice powders. Toss well. Switch off and cool this.
- Add pepper, mustard powder and mayo to a bowl. Mix everything well.
- Add in chopped onions and herbs. Mix and add in the chicken.
Making chicken sandwich
- Mix and spoon it over the toasted bread. Cover with another slice and press down.
- Halve the chicken sandwich and serve.
How to make mayo chicken sandwich
1. Butter your bread and toast them until golden while you chop the onion and garlic. Take onion to a small bowl and squeeze up a bit of lemon juice. This removes the sharp pungent smell & taste of raw onions. You can also add more veggies like chopped bell peppers, cucumbers & tomatoes.
2. Add little oil and saute garlic until aromatic. If you do not prefer to saute, then you can boil it in a pot with little water.
3. Add your chicken and begin to saute. Minced, chopped or small chicken chunks. I used overnight buttermilk brined chicken.
4. Add some salt and continue to saute until completely cooked. It just takes few minutes. You can even cut the chunks further with a wooden spatula to check if they are cooked.
5. Add spice powders. I used a pinch of all spice and little red chilli powder. Stir it and off.
6. While the chicken gets cooked, Add mayo, coarsely crushed pepper, ground mustard if you like.
7. Add onions and coriander leaves or parsley.
8. Mix everything well. You can add a bit more of lemon juice if you like along with little olive oil.
9. Add the sauteed chicken.
10. Mix it.
11. Spread it on a bread slice.
12. Cover with another slice.
Cut and serve mayo chicken sandwich. Consume them within 2 hours of preparing if keeping at room temperature.