Paneer egg gravy recipe with video – Paneer and egg curry is a common dish in some parts of North India and are not only served in Highway Dhabas but also in some restaurants. This curry is served with Naan, lacha paratha, Jeera rice and even with plain rice. I had some readers requests for this recipe, so sharing it.
This paneer egg curry is slightly on the heavier side, so can be made on special occasions or when you have guests home. This is quick to make, tastes delicious and can be made for parties too. To make it extra special you can also add few cashews in the gravy.
Paneer egg gravy recipe
Paneer egg gravy recipe | How to make paneer egg masala recipe
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 150 grams paneer cubed
- 2 eggs , boiled , (prick with a fork)
- 1 ¼ cup onions blanched
- 1 ½ cup tomatoes cubed
- 8 cashew nuts
- 1 green chili , chopped or slit
- 2 tbsp oil or butter
- ½ tsp cumin / Jeera
- 1 ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- ½ to 1 tsp coriander powder / daniya powder
- salt as needed
- ¼ tsp kasuri methi / dried fenu greek leaves
- 1 Handful coriander leaves chopped finely
How to make the recipe
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil and add onions to it. Boil just for 2 to 3 mins until the onions turn transparent and pink. Discard the water and cool them. Make a fine paste of the onions. Set this aside.
- In the same blender make a fine paste of the tomatoes and cashews. Set this aside.
- Boil the eggs and remove the shells. Make incisions into the boiled eggs.
Making paneer egg curry
- Heat a pan with butter and toast the eggs until golden. Set these aside. You can also sprinkle some red chili powder over the eggs.
- In the same pan, add cumin.
- When they splutter, add onion pasta and saute until the color changes to light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and chilli.
- Saute it well until the raw smell of onions, ginger and garlic paste has gone.
- Add tomato cashew puree, red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder and salt. Saute until the mixture thickens and begins to leave the sides of the pan.
- Add very little water and mix. Cover and cook on a low to medium heat until the gravy turns thick and fats begin to separate on top.
- Add kasuri methi and stir. Check the salt and spice.
- Add eggs and paneer to this gravy. Add coriander leaves.
- Stir and switch off the heat. Keep it covered for 3 to 5 mins.
- Serve paneer egg curry with rice , paratha or roti.