Vegetable paneer stir fry recipe – quick and very easy paneer and vegetable stir fry recipe. This kids’ friendly recipe is super simple to make, healthy & tastes delicious. It can be served with plain rice, roti or even as a stuffing in a sandwich or kathi rolls.
I keep getting requests from readers for kids lunch box recipes. So thought of sharing this. This is one simple vegetable stir fry that I make often & find that my kids always love this in their box.
You can also make a spicy version of this for the grown ups by adding some onions, red chili and green chilies.
To keep the school box interesting, I change my kids’ lunch box menu every 3 months. Probably this is one simple 2 mins stir fry that has kept them more happy than anything else.
Like many other women, i too have very fussy kids who need some thing good and delicious for every meal.
Especially making good vegetable dishes is much needed to motivate them to include more veggies in their diet.
To increase the vegetable intake, i pack a stir fried side dish along with the variety rice dishes or paratha. This paneer stir fry will be loved by most kids since it tastes delicious.
This vegetable paneer stir fry pairs well with ghee rice, jeera rice, fried rice, pulao, lemon rice or can be used as a filling to sandwich or rolls. If using for sandwiches or rolls, you can also smear some green chutney.
There is no tomato or onion used in this recipe. So sure it is a winner with the kids.
Tips for vegetable paneer stir fry
- I have used just carrots & corn in the recipe. You can also use some potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli or even cauliflower.
- Feel free to use whatever veggies you like.
- Replace paneer with tofu.
- Increase the spice level to suit your taste.
- Sometimes I also add a handful of palak or spinach to this. You can also do that after chopping them finely.
Vegetable paneer stir fry
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
How to make the recipe
- Wash and chop veggies very finely. This helps to cook faster.
- If using corn on the cob and not tender then you may need to boil the corn first. If using tender corn or frozen corn, then you can use them with out boiling.
- Cut paneer to tiny cubes. set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and saute till they begin to sizzle.
- Add ginger and fry until it begins to smell good.
- Add corn and carrot. Sprinkle salt and fry until carrot and corn is done.
- Next add paneer, garam masala, turmeric and kasuri methi. You can also use amchur powder. MIx and stir fry just for 2 minutes.
- Transfer vegetable paneer stir fry immediately to a serving bowl. Serve it with rice, roti or sandwich.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
If you are new to cooking, follow my detailed step by step photo instructions for best results.