Peanut capsicum chutney for idli, dosa, pesarattu, pongal, paratha or any south Indian breakfasts. This chutney can be prepared with green or red capsicums or a mix of these both. Capsicums are well known for their high antioxidants. I prefer to use the red capsicum as they are high in vitamin c too. Added to any dish they enhance the color, taste and flavor.
Peanut capsicum chutney can be made in so many ways. Earlier I had shared a green capsicum chutney and a red capsicum chutney. Today’s capsicum chutney is made using peanuts. It tastes great and has a nutty taste.
I have not tempered it, If you wish you can following the recipe.
peanut capsicum chutney recipe below
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- 3 red chilies , broken (remove seeds)
- ½ cup peanuts
- 1 cup capsicum , cubed
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 inch ginger ,fresh or garlic
- Salt to taste
- lemon juice , Few drops , optional
- 1 tbsp oil
- Oil as needed
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 Pinch cumin
- 1 Pinch mustard
- 1 pinch urad dal
- 1 pinch channa dal
- 1 Pinch hing
- Heat a pan with oil, fry red chilies until crisp. Add peanuts and fry until they turn golden and roasted. Set these aside as well. Add capsicum, fry capsicums for 3 minutes.
- Once cool, add ginger, cumin and salt to the blender jar along with roasted ingredients grind to a smooth chutney, adding water little by little as needed
- Heat a pan with oil for tempering. Add dals, cumin and mustard. When the dals turn golden, add curry leaves and hing.
- Pour this to the peanut red capsicum chutney. Mix and serve.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes