Capsicum cheese toast recipe – Hot and cheesy toast made with bell peppers. It can be made for a quick evening snack or breakfast. This recipe can be tweaked to make any cheese toast of your choice with your favorite veggies. Carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, tomato spinach, methi all go well to make this.
This capsicum cheese toast can be baked in a oven or toaster or even on a tawa/pan. This can also be made to a capsicum cheese sandwich. Sharing both the methods.
The oven baked one & the one made in sandwich toaster is quick to make and barely takes 5 minutes to prepare. All we need to do is just put together the ingredients. With the tawa method, it may take up to 15 minutes for 4 to 6 slices of bread. But the one made on the tawa is more flavorful since capsicum is sauteed for a while with garlic.
For more snack recipes you can browse through this collection of snacks recipes.
Capsicum cheese toast sandwich
Capsicum cheese toast sandwich recipe | Quick cheese toast recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 8 slices bread (brown/whole meal/ sprouted)
- 1 cup capsicum / bell pepper, chopped
- mozzarella cheese or cheese slices as needed
- 2 to 3 green chili deseeded chopped
- 4 garlic flakes
- chili flakes as needed
- oregano or any herbs as desired
How to make the recipe
- Preheat the oven to 220 C.
- Place the bread slices on a baking tray.
- Layer capsicum, garlic and chili.
- Place the cheese over the veggies, sprinkle red chili flakes, oregano
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve capsicum cheese toast while warm.
How to make capsicum cheese toast recipe
1. Chop capsicum to tiny cubes, deseed and chop green chilies.Chop garlic as well if you like the flavor. Spread them on the bread slices
2. Layer the cheese, you can use cheese slices or grated mozzarella cheese, red chilli flakes and any herbs if you have. I used oregano.
3. Preheat the oven to 220 C and bake them for 8 to 10 minutes.
Making capsicum cheese toast sandwich in the sandwich maker.
If you prefer these as sandwiches then after you layer the cheese mix, just cover with another bread slice and put them in the sandwich maker.
Method 2 – capsicum cheese toast on pan/tawa
1. Add little oil to a hot pan and add half tsp cumin/ jeera, garlic.
2. When the cumin begins to smell good, add capsicum, chili and sprinkle salt. If making for kids skip chili.
3. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes on a medium flame until the capsicums are slightly soft.
4. Reduce the flame to low. Place the bread on the tawa. Layer the prepared capsicum, top with cheese, chili flakes.
5. Toast it until the cheese melts off.
Serve hot as a snack or breakfast.