Carrot juice recipe for kids & toddlers – Carrot juice can be made in a blender or juicer very easily at home. Carrot is one of the most versatile root vegetables which is used in so many ways in our day to day diet. No doubt juicing carrots is the best way to provide vital nutrients to our body.
Consuming raw carrots regularly or often helps in improving the health of the eyes, reduces stress and builds immunity.
We juice carrots sometimes when the kids ask for it or when I end up having too many carrots in the fridge. The taste of the juice depends on the variety & age of carrots used.
Young and tender carrots are best for juicing since the aroma is mild and taste delicious.
Fresh juice is alkaline and can help folks with digestive or acidity problems. Carrots can be juiced alone or with some citrus fruit like orange, grapefruit, tangerines or lemons.
Not all fruits go well with carrot, so we mostly make them with sweet oranges, pears or lemon.
This juice is an immune booster and is great to keep away cold and flu. Citrus fruits, ginger, honey, turmeric and basil are some of the ingredients you can try to add to this drink.
Even wheatgrass, orange, carrots make a great combo. You can also make a carrot smoothie the same way. Just use as much fruits or tender coconut water as needed while you blend. You can also add a banana to it.
If you prefer chilled juice, always chill the ingredients first and then use. Do not chill after they are juiced as there will be loss of nutrients due to oxidization. The taste too alters.
Carrot juice recipe | How to make carrot juice
For best results follow the step-by-step photos above the recipe card
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- 500 grams carrots fresh & tender
- 1 inch ginger fresh (reduce to ½ for kids)
- 3 oranges or 2 to 3 pears or 5 to 6 tangerines or 2 lemons
- 1 cup water if making in blender
- Wash carrots under running water. Use a vegetable scrub or brush to clean them. Rinse well.
- Soak them in a large pot filled with clean water for 30 mins.
- If desired peel off the skin.
- Wash and peel oranges. Deseed and halve them.
- If making in mixer or blender, cube them to 1 inch pieces. Add them to blender jar along with other ingredients.
- If making in juicer, then cut to desired sizes to suit your juicer chute.
How to make carrot juice
- Run the machine.
- If making in mixer or blender, then pass through a strainer/ filter and collect the juice at the bottom.
- Serve carrot juice fresh and immediately.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes