Carrot juice recipe – There’s nothing like this fresh glass of homemade carrot orange juice! Loaded with the goodness of vitamins and minerals, this simple and quick drink is made with fresh carrots, oranges and ginger. Boost your immunity with the nature’s best foods in the simplest way. Make this refreshing Carrot juice in a blender or a juicer with my easy recipe. Once you begin to make your own I am sure you won’t like those store bought or even the juice bar versions of carrot juice.
Carrot is one of the most versatile root vegetables and is used in so many ways. It is used in stir fry dishes, curries, soups and is also eaten as a salad. Fresh carrots can be simply peeled and eaten raw or even grilled. But if you are trying to increase your consumption of carrots, especially in the raw form, this carrot juice is the best!
No doubt juicing carrots is the best way to provide vital nutrients to our body. Research has proven that consuming carrots regularly or often help in improving the eye health, reduces stress, builds immunity & is great to keep away cold and flu. (Please use google search for more info)
If you have never tasted fresh carrot juice, then I am sure you will be wondering how this tastes like. Carrot orange juice tastes delicious, naturally sweet with very mild earthy flavor. It is lighter on the tummy and won’t give you digestive issues. Fresh juice is alkaline and can help folks with digestive or acidity problems.
This 3 ingredient juice is our family favorite for the past 6 years! We simply love it. Carrot and oranges make a perfect pair in both juice and smoothies, complementing each other’s flavors and taste.
For the best carrot juice, make sure you use young carrots, baby carrots are even better. Avoid using carrots that have been harvested long time ago or that have been in the super market shelves for several days/weeks. These taste woody, have plenty of coarse fibres and less sweet flavour. Try buying the freshest produce from the farmers markets or the vegetable markets.
Oranges like any other citrus fruits are high in vitamin C and help boost the immunity naturally. If you do not like tangy juice, use sweet oranges. Not all fruits go well with carrot, so we mostly make this with sweet oranges, Asian pears, lemons, Grapefruit, Tangerines & Calamansi.
Citrus fruits, ginger, honey, fresh turmeric root and basil are some of the ingredients you can try to add to this drink.
If you prefer chilled juice, always chill the ingredients first and then use. Do not chill after they are juiced as there will be loss of nutrients due to oxidization. The taste is not the same.
Carrot & Wheatgrass: My husband is a Juicing Enthusiast & keeps experimenting plenty of combos for himself. I often seen him enjoy wheatgrass carrot and orange juice. If you have been experimenting Wheatgrass Shots or Wheatgrass Juice, you may first try adding a bit of wheatgrass while you juice your carrots.
The color won’t be appealing but you won’t smell the wheatgrass so strong.
Carrot Orange Smoothie: Experts suggest consuming fruit juices in moderation as they are devoid of fibers. But we have no problem with this combo. On occasions we make the carrot orange smoothie with a banana and coconut water.
Slow Juicer Vs Blender
The taste of any juice made in a slow juicer is much superior than made in a blender. For this particular recipe, you can use any juicer or even a blender. But making this juice in a blender is much different, as carrots are fibrous veggie that have lesser moisture/ juice levels.
So carrots are blended with water and then the juice is extracted through a cheese cloth or a fine sieve. Add as much water as required.
Carrot Juice Recipe
For best results follow the step-by-step photos above the recipe card
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- 500 grams carrots fresh & tender (250 grams if using a blender)
- 1 inch ginger fresh (reduce to ½ for kids)
- 3 large oranges
- 1 cup water ( if making in blender)
- Wash carrots under running water. Use a vegetable scrub or brush to clean them. Rinse well. If you want you may peel them.
- Rinse and Peel the ginger if using.
- Wash and peel oranges. Halve them and remove the pith in the center to avoid bitter taste.
- You may deseed if your juicer requires you to do so. For slow juicers you don't need to deseed. If making the juice in a blender, deseed the oranges.
How to Make Carrot Juice in a juicer
- Cut the carrots to 2 to 3 inch pieces or to a size that fits/suits your juicer chute.
- Run your juicer and add the carrots, ginger and oranges to the chute.
- Collect the juice from the juice spout on your juicer. Serve it immediately.
How to make Carrot juice in a blender
- Dice 250 grams carrots. If you don't have a high speed blender chop them to 1 inch pieces.
- Add the chopped carrots, 2 deseeded oranges, half inch peeled ginger and pour 1 cup water. [You can also extract orange juice separately and add it here]
- Blend until smooth adding more water as required. You will require another 1 to 1½ cup more water.
- Blend again until smooth.
- Place a fine strainer over a bowl and pour this juice in small batches to the strainer.
- Use a wooden spoon and keep pressing it down to extract most of the juice. Make sure you use a fine strainer.
- Serve carrot juice fresh and immediately.
- To enjoy chilled juice, freeze the veggies & fruits for an hour and then juice them.
- You may substitute oranges with 2 to 3 Asian pears or 5 to 6 tangerines or 2 lemons + 1 cup water.
- If using blender try it in smaller quantities.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes