Corn cream cheese sandwich recipe – These grilled cream cheese sandwiches are very delicious and a kids’ favorite at home. These are super quick to make – just 5 mins of preparation and 10 minutes of grilling is all that is needed to make these yummy sandwiches. They make a very good breakfast and can also be had for after school snack.
The flavors and taste of this corn cream cheese sandwich is different and is slightly sweet due to the addition of corn. But cream cheese and corn pair too good and taste delicious. I have given the basic recipe here, you also add more herbs or spice powders if you like.
You can grill this or make it on a griddle/ tawa. These sandwiches keep good for 2 hours at room temperature.
How to make corn cream cheese sandwich recipe
1. Soften the cream cheese. I usually put it out of the fridge for 15 mins. You can also place the cheese bowl in another bowl filled with hot water. I used coriander leaves, mustard powder and pepper. You can use any herbs fresh or dried you prefer.
2. Mix everything well to smooth.
3. Add sweet corn. I used organic frozen sweet corn. I prefer to rinse them first and then drain completely. If you are using corn on the cob, you will need to boil them until tender. To make this recipe under 15 mins, I suggest using frozen corn or boil the corn on cob the previous night and keep them ready.
4. Mix everything together.
5. Smear the mixture evenly on the bread. I sprinkled a bit more of pepper powder.
6. If you prefer you can also butter the bread on the outer side.
7. You can grill them in a sandwich toaster, griller or on a griddle or tawa until golden.
Serve corn cream cheese sandwich hot or cold.
Corn cream cheese sandwich recipe
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- 8 slices bread
- ¼ cup cream cheese + 2 tbsp , softened (or fresh hung curd or mayo)
- ½ to ¾ cup sweet corn (frozen or corn on the cob)
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- ¼ tsp pepper , more if desired
- Red chili flakes as needed (optional)
- 1 Handful fresh herbs like coriander or parsley or dried herbs
- 2 tsps butter , softened , (optional)
- If using corn on the cob, you will need to boil until tender. If using frozen corn, you can use them right away. I prefer to rinse them and drain completely.
- Soften the cream cheese first. I usually set it out of the fridge 15 mins before preparing. You can also keep the cheese bowl in hot water to soften it quickly. Mix together all the ingredients.
- Butter the bread on one side. On the other side smear this cream cheese mixture over the bread.
- Cover with another slice. Grill or toast in a tawa or toaster, griller or oven until golden.
- Cut the corn cream cheese sandwich and serve.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes