Chocolate rasmalai is my kids’ new found love. It’s delicious, addictive and can satisfy your chocolate cravings. This makes a great dessert to enjoy for kids’ parties. It is a quick and easy recipe like the instant rasmalai in 10 minutes made from ready made rasgulla and condensed milk.
I treated my family with this chocolaty treat on the New Year eve since I had no time to make anything elaborate.
These sweets definitely make your day special and it’s going to surprise everyone at home.
For this recipe, please make sure you use a good brand of rasgullas that are soft and juicy. Please avoid the rubbery kind as they may not go well in the chocolate sauce.
If you live in a place where tinned rasgullas are not available then you can also use Homemade rasgullas from here
Instant chocolate rasmalai recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 140 ml condensed milk , sweetened , (adjust as needed)
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Pistachios or other nuts as desired
- 12 to 14 rasgulla (tinned or homemade)
How to make the recipe
Making chocolate rasmalai
- You can use any tinned rasgullas like the haldiram’s.
- Squeeze off the sugar syrup from rasgullas gently. Do not overdo as they turn shape less. Set aside.
- Pour milk to a small pan and whisk the cocoa powder till smooth and stir in vanilla extract. Heat this.
- In a wide pot, add condensed and filter the cocoa mixture to this. Bring it to a boil and consistency you desire by cooking on a low flame stirring constantly. You can add more condensed milk or milk to adjust the sweetness and consistency.
- Add the squeezed rasgulla and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes with the pot covered.
- Chill for about 2 to 6 hours. Ensure the balls are fully dunked in chocolate condensed milk to get a uniform chocolaty color.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and Serve chocolate rasmalai chilled or warm
NUTRITION (estimation only)
If you are a beginner or new to Indian cooking, I highly suggest you to check the supporting step by step photos for best results. Step by step photos with description available below after the recipe card.