Chocolate rasmalai is my kids’ new found love. It’s delicious, addictive and can satisfy your chocolate cravings. This makes a great dessert to enjoy for kids’ parties. It is a quick and easy recipe like the instant rasmalai in 10 minutes made from ready made rasgulla and condensed milk.
I treated my family with this chocolaty treat on the New Year eve since I had no time to make anything elaborate.
These sweets definitely make your day special and it’s going to surprise everyone at home.
For this recipe, please make sure you use a good brand of rasgullas that are soft and juicy. Please avoid the rubbery kind as they may not go well in the chocolate sauce.
If you live in a place where tinned rasgullas are not available then you can also use Homemade rasgullas from here
Instant chocolate rasmalai recipe
For best results follow the step-by-step photos above the recipe card
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 140 ml condensed milk , sweetened , (adjust as needed)
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Pistachios or other nuts as desired
- 12 to 14 rasgulla (tinned or homemade)
Making chocolate rasmalai
- You can use any tinned rasgullas like the haldiram’s.
- Squeeze off the sugar syrup from rasgullas gently. Do not overdo as they turn shape less. Set aside.
- Pour milk to a small pan and whisk the cocoa powder till smooth and stir in vanilla extract. Heat this.
- In a wide pot, add condensed and filter the cocoa mixture to this. Bring it to a boil and consistency you desire by cooking on a low flame stirring constantly. You can add more condensed milk or milk to adjust the sweetness and consistency.
- Add the squeezed rasgulla and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes with the pot covered.
- Chill for about 2 to 6 hours. Ensure the balls are fully dunked in chocolate condensed milk to get a uniform chocolaty color.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and Serve chocolate rasmalai chilled or warm
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
© Swasthi’s Recipes