Oats green gram dosa recipe – Easy, healthy and delicious dosas made with rolled oats, green gram & spices. These make an wholesome breakfast for anyone who loves to eat healthy. If you are on a health spree and trying to include oats in your diet, then this is one simple way. We do eat lot of whole grains and even oats regularly. These dosas are made similar to the Andhra pesarattu with an addition of oats.
This oats green gram dosa batter needs no fermentation like the regular dosa batter. But the green gram need a good soak for at least 5 to 6 hours. I usually soak them the previous night and blend the batter in the morning.
If you do not have the time to soak then you can use yellow dal or skinned green gram. Just soak it for about 45 mins in hot water. Drain and blend to a batter.
Ginger, green chilies, cumin are some of the ingredients that elevate the taste of these dosas.
Please ensure you grease your tawa or pan very well before making the dosas.
The consistency of the batter is the key in this recipe. If the batter turns runny then they will not come out crispy. If the batter is too thick then it will not spread well.
We generally use ghee to make these kind of dal dosas as they elevate the flavor. You can also use oil but not butter.
The recipe as is will yield you a crispy oats green gram dosas. The batter can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
You can check this collection of oats recipes.
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 cup green gram
- ½ cup rolled oats or instant oats
- ¼ cup rice
- Salt to taste
- 1 Inch ginger
- 2 to 3 green chilies
- ¼ to ½ tsp cumin
- Oil or ghee
How to make the recipe
- Wash and soak green gram and parboiled rice separately in enough water for at least 6 hrs.
- Rinse well green gram and rice and transfer them along with all the other ingredients except oil to a blender jar.
- Grind to a smooth thick batter.
- Bring the batter to a thick yet pouring consistency.
- Heat a pan till hot enough.
- Pour a ladle of batter and spread the batter to a thin layer. Drizzle some oil or ghee around the edges. Fry till slightly brown or crisp.
- Lower the heat and make the next one.
- Serve oats green gram dosa with chutney.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
If you are new to cooking, follow my detailed step by step photo instructions for best results.