vegetarian spaghetti recipe – learn how to make veg spaghetti with flavorful and nutty almond mint pesto. How about a quick and easy spaghetti recipe for the day? This spaghetti with almond mint pesto makes a perfect brunch or dinner if accompanied with a bowl of soup like chickpeas soup, barley soup, chicken vegetable soup or whichever you like.
You can make the pesto ahead and freeze it or refrigerate it for further use. Whenever u want your meal to be ready, just cook up the spaghetti and toss in the pesto. This is almost similar to the spaghetti with cilantro peanut pesto which I had posted earlier.
find complete vegetarian spaghetti recipe below
vegetarian spaghetti recipe (with almond mint pesto)
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- ½ cup mint leaves (adding more mint leaves can leave a bitter or pungent taste)
- 180 grams spaghetti dry (cooked in lot of water till al dente)
- 1 onion large
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 green chili
- 20 almonds roasted (consider using blanched if you have)
- Salt to taste
- lemon juice Few drops
- 2 tbsp Peanut or sesame oil
How to make the recipe
- Bring water to a boil in a large pan, add spaghetti and cook till al dente. Follow the instructions on the pack for best results. Drain off the hot water, rinse in lot of water and drain in a colander
- Wash mint leaves in enough water and drain the water
- Powder the almonds coarsely and then add the other ingredients except oil and blend them to a coarse paste. Smooth or coarse is your choice.
- Add the pesto and oil to the cooked spaghetti and toss everything well.
- Serve with a bowl of soup.
1.You can garnish with some blanched roasted almonds too.
2.You can use ¼ to half a cup of cilantro for making the pesto.
3.Some of the other ingredients that can be used are a chili flakes, pinch of powdered cinnamon or few roasted sesame seeds. you can just try to include whatever flavor you like.