Banana chocolate milkshake, one of the yummiest chocolate milkshakes that is often made at home. There are so many ways, one can make a banana chocolate milkshake. For the kids I love to keep it simple just a banana, cocoa and palm sugar/jaggery and nuts to make the milk.
Iam a health nut and like to experiment with various healthy ingredients for myself. I try with flax seeds, oats, sabja seeds or chia seeds.
Milkshakes are quick energy boosters for everyone. Hungry ? Have nothing to munch on, then just blend a fruit with your favourite cold milk or ice cream and serve.
One of the best shakes is this banana chocolate milk shake. Banana is one of the most nutritious fruits. Loaded with Zinc and other minerals. It provides instant energy when consumed. So it is one of the important fruits that have to be eaten by kids daily.
If you have a fussy kid who hates to eat bananas. Just blend your banana, favorite milk along with cocoa and your banana chocolate milk shake is ready. It makes a good after school refreshment and can be served along with few crackers.
Most kids love to drink milk shakes or flavored drinks or smoothies. So it may not be hard to make them eat banana or make them drink milk in the form of this milkshake. Cocoa or dark chocolate has high antioxidants and is said to be healthy if consumed in moderation.
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 2 banana
- 1 ¼ cups milk or vegan milk or ice cream(refer instructions)
- ¾ to 1 tbsp Cocoa powder or unsweetened dark chocolate as needed
- 1 tbsp sugar or coconut sugar or palm jaggery or any sweetener (use as needed)
- Add all the ingredients and blend together till smooth. Add more milk to get the desired consistency.
- To make nut milk: To make nut milk, soak nuts for few hours and blend them with little water till it becomes smooth. Add rest of the ingredients to blender jar and blend.
- To make oat milk. Dry roast oats till they smell good. Soak for few hours and blend with water to make oat milk. Then add banana and the other ingredients and blend till smooth.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
© Swasthi’s Recipes