Coconut fig smoothie recipe – Young coconut meat and fresh figs blended together with a dash of honey. WOW ! The Crunchy seeds in the coconut fig smoothie is something to really rave about.
This coconut fig smoothie was made on a hot summer morning, during my trip to India. These fresh figs were from our farm and so too the tender coconuts.
Coconut has immense health benefits. The young coconut or tender coconut meat is easy to digest and one of the exiciting ways to enjoy this is to make a delicious smoothie, pair it up with mango, banana or figs, all taste equally great.
After slurping off the water from a couple of tender coconuts daily, they were just thrown away as it is hard to break open them. One fine day, kids got my dad to break open them with a cleaver. Since then we got hooked to enjoying the coconut meat.
Enjoy coconut smoothie and beat the heat, tender coconut meat cools the body naturally. Figs are rich in iron and minerals. If you do not have fresh figs, then soak the dried figs for a couple of hours in warm water. Use them along with the soaked water.
Coconut fig smoothie recipe
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- 2 coconut from 2 Tender young coconuts
- 10 to 12 figs Fresh ripe
- 2 tsp Honey or sugar
- 2 cups tender coconut water Ice cubes or Water as needed
- Wash figs in salted water. If you are using organic figs, you can keep the skin otherwise scoop the pulp and use.
- Bend all the ingredients well to smooth. To thin down the smoothie, add coconut water or just plain water.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes