Mango salsa recipe
Salsa is a Spanish term meaning sauce. It is usually made of fresh ingredients like onions, tomatoes, and jalapenos. Often served with chips, tortillas, burritos and so on.
Mango are in abundance now, enjoying them as is or as a smoothie are my preferred ways. This mango salsa is a change from the usual mango desserts, smoothies and ice creams.
Jalapenos are used in most salsa recipes as they add a different taste to the salsa, however I prefer the regular hot chilies. If you don’t like cucumbers, you can skip. I love cucumbers as they keep body well hydrated.
My other ideas to making a best mango salsa are using honey if you have a sweet tooth, few nuts if you like nutty taste, a bit of lemon juice if your tomato isn’t tangy. I tried this with roasted and skinned peanuts earlier and loved it.
mango salsa recipe below
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 cup mango pieces ripe and firm, chopped
- 1 tomato medium, ripe and firm (deseeded)
- 2 to 3 tbsps Cucumbers Chopped (deseeded)
- 1 onion small, red , chopped
- 1 green chili or jalapeno chopped
- Pepper powder as needed
- Mint or cilantro as needed
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp Honey to 1 tbsp. (optional)
- 2 tbsps Peanuts Roasted and skinned (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and toss.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes
- Serve with chips, tortillas or burritos
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
© Swasthi’s Recipes