Oats halwa recipe – Oats halwa recipe made with jaggery, nuts and seeds. This is one of the healthiest oats sweet recipes I have made. I have made these using pumpkin seeds and nuts that takes off the stickiness from oats. You can skip pumpkin seeds from this recipe.
Pumpkin seeds are high in antioxidants and rich in many vitamins (especially vitamin E) and minerals. Traditionally these seeds are used in many countries as a natural remedy for expelling tapeworms and parasites from the stomach.
So do grab a pack of these seeds from your grocery store and try to use more of these in your granola, cakes, muffins or any other dishes.
Today, I will share a simple oats halwa recipe which my mom usually prepares. I guess many of us want to use oats with jaggery and not with sugar.
If your karupatti has a strong smell which you cannot stand, then you can use few drops of rose essence. The reason we use almonds for this recipe is to make it tastier and to balance the flavor of pumpkin seeds which many do not like.
Oats halwa recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 cup rolled Oats (powdered after measuring)
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1 Fistful walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup jaggery , grated or karupatti or coconut palm sugar (adjust it can go up to 1.5 cups, depends on what you are using)
- ¼ tsp green cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- 4 nuts to garnish
- Powder the nuts, seeds and oats in a blender jar. Set aside.
- Heat a pan with ghee or oil, add nut oats powder. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Melt jaggery with 3 tbsp water and filter to the powder.
- Cook till all the moisture evaporates and becomes dry.
- Add a tsp of ghee to prevent it looking dry.
- If you wish you can grease a tray and transfer this to the tray and spread it evenly. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hrs and cut to pieces. It is not a burfi but a soft set halwa.
- Oats halwa is ready.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes