Spinach chutney or palakura pachadi can be made of any variety of spinach including palak. This palak chutney recipe is shared with me by Naina Ravi, a reader of this blog. During a chit chat on facebook, I got hooked to her idea of spinach chutney when she said that she made paneer paratha and palak chutney to accompany it. When asked she expressed her wish to share the recipe with us and hence this post on the blog.
I often make palak paratha, pappu palakura and palak chutney was very new to me. After a few days, I received these awesome pictures from her along with the recipe.
Naina Ravi is a homemaker and a mom to 11 year old daughter. She is happy to share with us all an appealing and nourishing recipe, spinach chutney. Spinach can be used in salads, pasta, soup, chutnies and many more. It has vital nutrients like heart healthy folate, cell protecting vitamin E and Lutein, which may help to reverse the symptoms of age-related macular degeneration.
There are many folks, who do not use much of coconut in their cooking. This is for them: The health benefits of coconut are immense, would like to share few which we often overlook
1. Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots.
2. Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth.
3. Helps to prevent osteoporosis and breast, colon, and other cancers.
So if you are not in the habit of using coconut, begin to use in recipes like this.
spinach chutney tastes great with palak or palakura, but can be prepared with any other variety of spinach too.
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black gram
- 1 pinch Hing (asafoetida)
- Sauté cumin seeds, onion and spinach leaves slightly.
- Grind this along with coconut gratings & green chilli. Add salt to taste. Add the tempering
- You may relish this vibrant chutney with idlis, dosas or rotis. It goes well with rice too. Enjoy!
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes
step by step photos to spinach chutney or palak chutney recipe
1. get the ingredients together.
2. Saute all the ingredients except coconut lightly or till the raw smell disappears.
3. When cooled, blend them together with coconut and salt.Add a tsp of oil to the same pan, and temper with tempering ingredients.
Isn’t this Lovely friends? Thanks to Naina for sharing such a good healthy recipe.