Veg mayonnaise sandwich recipe – A quick veg sandwich recipe that can be made in minutes with just few ingredients. This can be served for breakfast or lunch or snack. To make mayo sandwich, mostly white bread is used since we do not eat white bread at home, I have made it using multi grain bread.
Mayo sandwich can be made without toasting the bread, just mix up the ingredients and spread on the bread. Cut them and serve. We prefer the toasted bread to make any sandwich, so I have toasted in on a tawa. However you can also toast these in a sandwich maker.
Veg mayonnaise sandwich
Veg mayonnaise sandwich recipe | How to make mayo sandwich recipe
Veg mayonnaise sandwich made with mixed veggies and eggless mayo. Simple, quick and easy to make sandwich that makes for a great breakfast or snack.
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
Ingredients for sandwich recipe
- 4 slices bread
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise (I used eggless mayo)
- Lemon juice as needed
- Pinch salt (mayo is salted, so use if needed)
- ¼ tsp Pepper (crushed)
- Red chili flakes as desired (optional)
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds ground or any sauce you like
veggies of your choice(about half cup)
- Onions or shallots 2 tbsp
- Green chili 1 deseeded and chopped optional
- 2 tbsp carrots Grated
- Cabbage or lettuce or coriander leaves as needed
- ¼ cup Capsicum
- 2 to 3 tbsp sweet corn Boiled
How to make the recipe
How to make veg mayo sandwich
- Begin to make mayo veg sandwich by toasting the buttered bread on a griddle or toaster. You can also skip toasting if you like to save sometime. If you are not serving right away toasting them is a good idea, since it prevents the sandwich from turning too soggy.
- Chop onions and mince garlic. Add them to a bowl. Squeeze in some lemon juice. Allow this to rest for a while until the veggies are ready. This makes the onions & garlic less pungent.
- Prepare the veggies by chopping finely. I have used capsicum and butter lettuce here, you can substitute it with cabbage.
- Add mayo, red chili flakes, salt, pepper and mustard powder.
- Mix up everything well and spread on the bread.
- Place another slice and cut to triangles or squares. Serve mayo sandwich.
How to make veg mayo sandwich recipe
1. Add minced garlic, green chili and onions to a bowl. Squeeze in lemon juice and mix well. This removes the pungent smell from garlic and onions.
2. Meanwhile prepare the veggies and add them to the bowl. I have used butter lettuce and capscium here. You can also use shredded cabbage, carrots, boiled sweet corn etc.
3. Add crushed pepper, chili flakes and mayo and mustard powder. If you do not have mustard you can skip it, but I feel it adds lot of aroma to the mix. Mix it up. The filling is ready.
4. Butter the bread slices and toast on a tawa. You can also skip toasting. You can also just butter the bread, then fill the sandwich and toast in sandwich maker.
5. Spread the mixture on a slice of bread.
6. Cover with another slice.
Cut veg mayo sandwich and serve.