Cheese chocolate sandwich recipe – Kids’ friendly sandwich recipe made with chocolate and cream cheese. My kids love this Pistachio chocolate sandwich a lot. Though I don’t make sandwiches often for the kids, whenever they ask I do make the chocolate sandwich. I tried these with cream cheese sometime back for a change for the breakfast and loved them since they are quick to make and taste very good.
They also go well in the kids’ snack box and must be consumed within 2 hours of preparing them. Cream cheese keeps good at room temperature only for 2 hours. These also make a great party snack for kids.
Cheese chocolate sandwich recipe below
Cheese chocolate sandwich recipe | Cream cheese choco sandwich
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 8 slices bread (prefer whole grain or whole meal)
- ¼ cup cream cheese about 50 to 55 grams
- 4 tbsp Choco chips as needed or chocolate spread or melted chocolate
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder (prefer true cinnamon) (optional)
- Butter as needed (optional)
How to make the recipe
- Trim the edges of bread if you prefer.
- Spread the softened cream cheese as desired.
- Layer choco chips or any chocolate spread along with little ground cinnamon. If you prefer not to grill the sandwich, then melt the chocolate chips with little milk and spread it on the other slice of bread.
- Cover with another slice of bread.
- Grill it in a sandwich toaster or griller until golden and crisp.
- Cut the cheese chocolate sandwich and serve.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
If you are a beginner or new to Indian cooking, I highly suggest you to check the supporting step by step photos for best results. Step by step photos with description available below after the recipe card.
How to make cheese chocolate sandwich recipe
1. Bring the cheese to room temperature for easy spreading. You can microwave or place the cheese cup in a bowl of hot water. I followed the second method.
2. Trim the edges and butter the bread if desired. I haven’t smeared butter.
3. Spread the cheese as desired. Since cream cheese is salted, use it moderately otherwise the sandwiches may taste salty.
4. We prefer little bit of ground cinnamon for most of our chocolate recipes, so I have used a generous pinch for sprinkling. You can skip this if you do not prefer.
5. Layer choco chips or any chocolate spread. If you prefer not to grill the sandwich, then melt the chocolate chips with little milk and spread it on the other slice of bread. These are ready to be served.
6. Cover with another slice of bread.
7. Grill it in a toaster or griller until crisp and golden.
Cut the cheese chocolate sandwich and serve.