Vegetable pasta in red sauce recipe video. Quick & delicious pasta recipe made with red sauce. I usually follow this recipe of pasta in red sauce, it is one of the kids’ favourite pasta recipes at home. Today’s recipe is a variation of the earlier one making use of mixed veggies. You can pair this up with a simple vegetable clear soup or some bread toast.
I have used mixed veggies like carrots, beans and green peas. However you can also add veggies like sweet corn, baby corn, capsicum and cauliflower depending on whatever goes well with you.
Usually red sauce is made with a bit of tomato paste that adds color to the pasta, but I have not used it here. If you like to add, you can use upto 1 tbsp of it here.
There is no cheese used in this recipe, if you like you can use it.
Vegetable pasta in red sauce recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1 cup pasta
- 2 tbsps onions chopped finely (optional)
- 1 cup tomato puree about 1 ½ cups chopped & pureed
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped finely
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt as needed
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes (or pulse a red chili in blender)
- ¼ to ½ tsp pepper corn , crushed
- ½ to ¾ cup veggies (carrots, peas, beans, bell pepper, corn)
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot and add salt, oil.
- When the water begin to boil rapidly, then add pasta and cook al dente.
- Drain to a colander.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic and chili flakes slightly.
- Add onions if using and cook until golden. Add tomato puree and cook until thick.
- Add oregano, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Saute for a min.
- When the sauce turns thick enough add veggies and pasta.
- Mix well. If pasta looks too dry add 1 to 2 tbsp of pasta cooked water or olive oil. Oil tastes better.
- Serve vegetable pasta in red sauce hot or warm.
Video of vegetable pasta in red sauce recipe
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
© Swasthi’s Recipes