cabbage raita recipe – sharing a healthy cabbage recipe that will be a good addition to the menu if you haven’t done it yet. Cabbage is one of the super foods and has immense heath benefits. The best way to consume cabbage is in its raw form and the next best way is to saute it for a short while or steam cook it. Raw cabbage helps to lower the cholesterol and helps to prevent cancer.
This cabbage raita is made using raw cabbage and tastes very nice. It can be had alone or can be enjoyed with paratha, chapathi or pulav. I also make cabbage curry, cabbage paratha, stir fry, salad, soup, paratha, kootu, chutney apart from this delicious raita.
find cabbage raita recipe below
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 1/4 cup cabbage finely chopped
- 1 cup curd / yogurt, fresh thick
- 1 green chili , slit deseeded chopped
- salt as needed
- cumin powder roasted, / jeera powder as desired
- coriander leaves few , chopped
- 1 pinch pepper powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to make the recipe
- Add lemon juice to finely chopped cabbage and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Whisk curd in a bowl along with salt, cumin.
- Add finely chopped cabbage, green chili and coriander leaves to the yogurt.
- Mix everything well.
- Sprinkle pepper powder. Garnish with corainder leaves.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
If you are new to cooking, follow my detailed step by step photo instructions for best results.
Step by step cabbage raita recipe
1. Cut cabbage to quarters and then soak it in salted warm water for a while. Drain off and rinse thoroughly. Chop cabbage very finely. Sprinkle a tsp of lemon juice over the cabbage and toss it and leave for a while.
2. Add fresh chilled thick curd to a bowl. Do not use sour curd. Add cumin, salt and a dash of pepper powder. Whisk it. Add cabbage and deseeded chopped chilies.
3. Mix everything well. Sprinkle little cumin and pepper powder, Garnish with coriander leaves.
Refreshing and healthy cabbage raita is ready.