Mango almond smoothie recipe (vegan). Mangoes are seasonal fruit that provide us immense health benefits. I love the fact they help in building immunity since they are high in vitamin C and vitamin A. The mangoes you see below are the most popular mango variety in andhra pradesh called as bangina palli mamidi pandu.
I am always excited about using almonds in various smoothies or milk shakes as they add a smooth texture and taste to the smoothies or milk shakes.
This mango almond smoothie recipe is vegan, yet great tasting and will get you addicted if you love smoothies.
To make this,almonds are soaked and then blanched, pureed next with little water to make smooth thick almond milk or paste and then chopped mango pieces are added and then blended again.
If you like coconut milk, then you could use it instead of almonds. Since coconut milk and almond milk are said to be cooling, this mango smoothie is going to keep your body cool.
You could also add some sabja seeds (sweet basil seeds) too to this mango punch. However I did not do it this time.To know more about using sweet basil (sabja seeds) in summer, you could read my sabja seeds drink post.
Mango almond smoothie recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 2 cups mango , chopped pieces
- 24 almonds
- 100 ml water /coconut milk / coconut water
- 1 Pinch Cardamom powder (if you like)
- 1 tsp Honey or sugar as needed
How to make the recipe
- Soak almonds in water for at least 4 hours and blanch them
- Add almonds, cardamom, sugar and water to a blender and blend till almonds are smooth
- Then add chopped mangoes and blend again till smooth. If needed add little more water
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips.