Aloo paneer – Sharing a quick dry aloo paneer recipe that can be made under 20 minutes. It goes well as a side dish with just anything rice or roti. To make this aloo paneer masala, we don’t need boiled potatoes, so saving a lot of time.
You can even use peas, spring onions, spinach, more capsicums. You can add extra flavors by using amchur or kasuri methi or even sprinkle sesame seeds.
This is a dry sabzi recipe that goes well for kids lunch box and even for grown ups too. Just spice it up a bit for grown ups. You can make your own variations to this.
You can even make an instant gravy or semi dry aloo paneer gravy by using tomato puree or thick coconut milk.
Most times kids expect variety and I run out of ideas sometimes. But always wonder how easy it is to make food for kids.
Sometimes I just smear some green chutney and stuff this aloo paneer in roti to make kathi rolls.
I have used little garam masala to spice up the dish lightly. Feel free to use any other spice powder like pav bhaji masala or sambhar powder.
Usually I prefer to stir fry the potatoes but you can also use preboiled or steamed potatoes if you have them. Also try this with a handful of chopped spinach for the nutrition boost.
If you do not have amchur just skip it and sprinkle some lemon juice once you turn off the stove.
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- Chop potatoes to tiny cubes and leave them in water till used.
- Heat oil in a pan,add cumin, bay leaf, let them splutter, add ginger garlic paste. Fry till you get a nice aroma
- Add potatoes and turmeric, fry for 2 to 3 mins. Cover and cook them till soft and tender, if needed sprinkle water and cook.potatoes must be fully cooked
- Add capsicum, paneer , salt, red chili pow, garam masala. Fry for about a minutes. cover and cook for just one to two minutes for every thing to blend well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl immediately to retain the softness of aloo paneer
To make a semi dry or gravy version, you can makhani masala or coconut milk or tomato puree.
If using coconut milk it must be added at the end, otherwise the gravy looks curdled.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes