Paneer payasam or kheer is a bengali sweet dish or pudding called as channar payesh. Paneer, Indian cottage cheese is used to make this delicious, rich and creamy kheer or payasam. It is one of the sweets that can be prepared very quickly if we have paneer in hand.
To make this paneer kheer, we need paneer or chenna and sugar & milk. Homemade fresh paneer works best for this recipe.
If you prefer to save some time then use condensed milk as needed in the recipe. The tinned condensed milk may not be a healthy option, but still it is quick and easy to make a yummy desert in no time, especially during festivals and occasions when we run out of time.
You may like these Payasam recipes,
how to make paneer payasam recipe or kheer in 10 minutes
Ingredients (US cup = 240ml )
- ½ cup paneer crumbled (Frozen packed paneer can be used)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar (use more if needed)
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder / elaichi powder
- strands saffron ,Few (optional)
- rose essence ,Few drops (optional)
- pistachios ,Few unsalted toasted , sliced
- Crumble the paneer completely and set aside.
- Bring milk to a boil and simmer until it reduces to 1 cup.
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves. Boil for another 2 to 3 mins.
- Add the paneer and cardamom powder. Mix well to blend with milk properly. There must be enough milk for the paneer to blend well. If required can add more milk. let it boil on a low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve paneer payasam chilled or warm . Garnish with nuts.
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card.
NUTRITION INFO (estimation only)
© Swasthi’s Recipes