Pear juice recipe. Pears are a super delicious, crunchy and juicy fruit that are cultivated in cool temperate climates. It is eaten in so many ways – raw, cooked & steamed. They are also juiced and consumed. Homemade pear juice is much superior in taste than the bottled or frozen juice.
There are many varieties of pears available across the world with varying levels of nutrients and benefits. In Singapore a variety of pears are available around the year. It is one of the most common fruit eaten here after apples.
Pure fresh pear juice is said to be the best to beat sun stroke and dehydration. Pears are well known for reducing bad cholesterol levels and stomach problems like acidity, ulcers and constipation.
This wonderful refreshing fruit is one of the low calorie fruits & is great even for weight watchers. Pear juice is great to manage colic & constipation.
We usually buy the Asian pears which is the most common variety available in Singapore. These are good to relish as it is too without juicing since they have a delicate crunch and are extra juicy.
To make pear juice, asian pears the best as they are extremely juicy with less pulp.
We make different kinds of fresh fruit juices & smoothies every evening since it is hard to get everyone at home to eat 2 servings of fruits daily. This pears juice is one that is made often.
It is very refreshing & delicious, something similar to the fresh sugarcane juice. It does not need any sweetener, sometimes we add oranges, strawberries or a piece of beetroot to this.
The flavor of pears is very mild & not dominating, so they pair up very well with any fruit.
Pear juice recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
- 800 grams pears (or 3 large)
- 2 to 3 oranges or 1/4 of a beetroot (peeled and chopped)
- 1 lemon
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 2 tsps chia seeds or sabja seeds or (soaked in water for 3 to 6 hours)
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt (optional)
How to make the recipe
- Wash pears very well. If using organic fruits, then you can scrub them well with some vinegar and salt. Leaves for 5 mins. Rinse well under running water.
- Organic pears can be used with skin on. If not organic then peel off the skin and cut them to quarters and remove the core.
- Add them to the juicer chute or blender jar. If using a blender then chop to small cubes.
- Add salt, ginger or other fruits you desire.
- Blend them well until smooth. Fresh pears have 70% moisture in them so we don’t need to add any water.
- Pass through a strainer and press down with a spoon. If using sabja or chia seeds, add them now to the juice.
- Serve pear juice fresh immediately.
NUTRITION (estimation only)
Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe.
If you are new to cooking, follow my detailed step by step photo instructions for best results.