Paneer sandwich recipe – An easy sandwich made with Indian cottage cheese. A quick breakfast or snack recipe and is kids’ friendly. Sandwich makes a quick and easy breakfast. They can also be served as a tea time snack or for kids school snack box. When we are bored with the south Indian breakfasts like idli, pesarratu, then I surely opt to make sandwich and a paneer sandwich is one of the most preferred one as it is loaded with enough protein to begin the day.
I make paneer sandwich stuffing in 2 ways, both shared in the recipe box below. Stuffing can very well be prepared the previous night and refrigerated. It need not be heated up in the morning if you are going to use a toaster. Just use it directly for making the paneer sandwich. If making on tawa, heat up until warm and use it.
You can also check this Paneer bhurji sandwich in 10 minutes made on a tawa.
Ingredients (1 cup = 240ml )
Ingredients for paneer sandwich
- 6 to 8 bread slices
- 1 ½ tsp oil or as needed
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 small onion chopped finely (optional)
- ¾ tsp ginger grated , or ginger garlic paste
- 1 small tomato chopped or tomato sauce
- 1 Pinch turmeric
- Salt (as needed)
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder (adjust to suit your taste)
- ¼ to ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ to ¾ cup paneer (crumbled )
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- ¼ cup capsicum finely chopped, or green peas (optional)
- ½ tsp kasuri methi
- carrots Grated or beetroot or onion as desired
How to make the recipe
Method 1 – paneer sandwich
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds. When they splutter add onions and fry until golden.
- Add grated ginger & fry for a minute. Next put in tomatoes and salt. Saute untill soft.
- Stir in red chili powder, garam masala, kasuri methi & amchur powder. Mix and fry for a minute.
- Turn off the stove and add in crumbled paneer and coriander leaves. Check salt and spice add more if needed. Remove this to a bowl.
- Grilling on tawa or griddle – Apply ghee or butter on one side of the bread slice. Toast bread slices till golden. Then place the prepared paneer. Layer with some grated carrots, beets & onions. Cover with another slice and press down the paneer sandwiches with a flat wooden spoon.
- Grilling in toaster – You can also grill these in a toaster. Cut and serve paneer sandwich.
Method 2 Quick method of making paneer sandwich
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin, red chili powder, garam masala, kasuri methi and other spice powders. When the cumin begins to sizzle. Add paneer and salt. Stir and fry just for 1 minute. Sprinkle coriander leaves.
- Butter the bread slices on one side. Spread the paneer on the other side. Place some onion slices, tomatoes & cucumbers. You can also smear some green chutney or tomato sauce on the inner side of bread slices. Toast in a preheated toaster.
- Serve paneer sandwich.
Preparation for paneer sandwich
1. Heat a with oil, add cumin and allow it to crackle.
2. Add onions and fry until transparent. Then add ginger garlic paste and fry until it turns aromatic.
3. Add finely chopped and mashed tomato and fry for few minutes, Add spice powders and fry.
4. Fry everything until it smells good just for 2 minutes.
5. Add crumbled paneer.
6. Stir and fry just until everything blends well. Do not over fry. Add coriander leaves. Stir. Set this aside to a plate.
How to make paneer sandwich
7. Toast the bread on the same tawa and add paneer.
8. You can add fresh grated carrot.
9. Place the other slice over. Press gently.
Paneer sandwich is ready. You can cut to halves.